(OT) What to get now (mobile phone) - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by fullenglishpint View Post
    There's a lot of confusion about it, but it's pretty certain that there will be a new iPhone (be it a 4S or a 5) in early - mid september, at the time of apple's annual autumn iPod event and the likely release of iOS5.

5th of September for Americans and the 5th of October for us Brits. Although I won't be getting one that's for sure
    | Pioneer CDJ 800 | Korg KM202 | Citronic MPCD-S3 |

Soundcloud|Twitter|Mixcloud

Quote Originally Posted by Grifff View Post
    5th of September for Americans and the 5th of October for us Brits. Although I won't be getting one that's for sure
    Source?
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Quote Originally Posted by fullenglishpint View Post
    Source?
    I can't remember where I originally saw it, but I just googled it and came up with this

iPhone 5 release date

It's a bit dubious, I know, but it links to a report a Swisscom exec confirmed
    | Pioneer CDJ 800 | Korg KM202 | Citronic MPCD-S3 |

Soundcloud|Twitter|Mixcloud

iphone all the way. though those htc tings look decent
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

I work as a salesman at Bell Canada and i concur Grifff's statement, Samsung Galaxy S II is currently the best phone on the market.

Samsung already had the best screen on the market when they put out the Super Amoled on the Galaxy S (first gen). Now they're out with the Super Amoled Plus. Not much of a difference, except that blacks are now reproduced by shutting down the pixels instead of just being tinted black. this results in two things:

1. Much more vivid colors
    2. battery life economy

Also, it is the first dualcore phone to use and OS optimized for dualcore. I currently own the Motorola Atrix, which was the first dualcore phone. Problem is that it runs on android 2.2 and that OS is not dualcore optimized, so the dualcore on my phone is basically useless. However, on the Galaxy S II this feature is not to be underestimated! The phone is lightning fast!

Then well you have the camera specs. 8mp with flash and 2mp for the front facing camera. That blows most of the competition out of the water in that department. Did i mention 1080p video capture?

And all of that is stuff into a phone probably 2/3 the thickness of an iphone 4!!!

Ordered mine already. cant wait to get it.
    CHRIS Rice aka DJ-X
    http://www.iamdjx.com

Traktor Scratch Pro 2, Denon MC6000, Numark TT200, Midi Fighter

Tech Convert

I have a Motorola Atrix with Launcher Pro. Loving it.

yeah Motorblur is such fucking crap...
    CHRIS Rice aka DJ-X
    http://www.iamdjx.com

Traktor Scratch Pro 2, Denon MC6000, Numark TT200, Midi Fighter

I have a nexus one, currently awaiting the next nexus model, can't beat vanilla android and u can do what ever u want with it
    my music : www.soundcloud.com/themaxive

Traktor 2.5 Audio 6 midifighter classic x1
    vestax PMC-CX
    midifighter pro SUPER KNOB's runnin beatmasher mapping + some other custom stuff

Quote Originally Posted by MaxOne View Post
    iphone all the way. though those htc tings look decent
    htc all the way
    356 reasons why

Tech Convert

I'm with rogers in Canada and am eligible to renew my existing iPhone 3G anytime now.

I've been debating what my next phone will be. I've got friends who have a variety of Androids. It's just preference, but I prefer the IOS interface to the 2.2/2.3 builds of Android.

Today, I finally got my hands on a demo store unit of Win 7 phone - a samsung focus. It's not a new phone, or even the new MANGO OS update coming this fall to the WP7 based phones, but I REALLY liked the UI. Depending on what is available around October, I might end up making my next phone a WP7 based model.
    Last edited by sfz; 07-31-2011 at 04:10 AM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123