Best way to rip vinyl to Wav???
    Tech Convert

Default Best way to rip vinyl to Wav???

Hi Guys

I have an Audio 8 and Sl1200 .I wan tto rip my vinyl collection to wav format, whats the best way and whats the bitrates 44??96??? 16 0r 24-bit ec.

Using Traktor Scratch for recording a QBert Ortofon needle .Decks routed through Traktor Esyasy connect cables .

16bit and a sample rate of 44,1kHz is enough for dj'ing and listening purpose.

Tech Convert

I have tried that but the recordings sounds terrible. Can it be the multicore cables or just Traktor's internal Software recording crap???

When I play the vinyl normal compared to the recording the vinyl sounds much clearer and crisp than the recording.

get an audio program like audacity (free) or soundforge ($$$) to record the audio with.

I would suggest against using the multicore cables for recording vinyl... that's just me. i dont use them anyways...

go to your audio8 card settings utility (should be an icon in your taskbar, if on XP) and select 'Phono' for Input Mode of Channel A-B. When you select 'Phono', you will be able to increase the gain on each phono input.

then from within your audio application, select your inputs (1+2, or 3+4 depending on where your TT is plugged to), and should be good to go to hit the record button...

I wouldn't recommend using Traktor itself for recording your vinyl... using a dedicated audio editing program would offer you much more flexibility...

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by corporation View Post
    go to your audio8 card settings utility (should be an icon in your taskbar, if on XP) and select 'Phono' for Input Mode of Channel A-B. When you select 'Phono', you will be able to increase the gain on each phono input.
    I did record it at that 6+db setting on the control panel in Audio8 taskbar and chose the right Input signal.

Why does the vinyl sound bettter playing through normally but the recording sounds terrible, can the 24bit recording and sample rate fix this??
    must I buy a Grado Cartride???

i'd stick to 16 and 44.

could be multicore cables or traktor's recording capabilities? other than that, i dont really know..

later today, i'll try to record some vinyl through traktor to see what happens...
    Last edited by corporation; 05-28-2008 at 07:10 AM.

Hi, I have the same gear but with this stylus:
    http://www.chemical-records.co.uk/sc...o?Track=OTSDJS
    (i think is the original that comes with the technics

Do you guys recommend a specific stylus to digitalize vinyls?
    Last edited by GianPaJ; 01-02-2009 at 10:17 PM.

Record in the most highest quality settings you have availible then convert it down to a lower quality - you will find doing it like this gives you a much much nicer sounding recording than if you just recorded it at this quality to begin with.