Recommend a good AMP!

Default Recommend a good AMP!

whats going on guys. i just purchased 2 peavey 12" pr but their not powered speakers. can anyone recommend a good amp w/ around 200 watts and fairly cheap. im pretty new when it comes up to setting up audio so i need some help.

Go for a dumb power amp. Default option is the Behringer A500:

http://www.zzounds.com/item--BEHA500

But I'd go for a Behringer EP2500, partly because I LIKE POWER and partly because I'd want to use it for house parties as well as my personal studio. The Pro Audio tests I've read actually rate the EP2500 it even though it's a "value" amp. Not up to the robustness of a Crown or a QSC but not bad at all (if a bit heavy).

thanks. i was looking at that one but theres some reviews saying its not durable for the road. but yeah.

Tech Wizard

Sorry for bumping an old thread but it's slightly on topic and better than starting a new one. I recently bought an A500 to power some used KRK R6 passive monitors that I grabbed, and I'm wondering how you would go about connecting a powered subwoofer to the amp?

I know the Behringer EP2000 has almost the exact same inputs/outputs on the back, so maybe Fatlimey can weigh in on this. My Polk subwoofer has a mono RCA output, so I'm kind of confused. Thanks in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by markage View Post
    Sorry for bumping an old thread but it's slightly on topic and better than starting a new one. I recently bought an A500 to power some used KRK R6 passive monitors that I grabbed, and I'm wondering how you would go about connecting a powered subwoofer to the amp?

I know the Behringer EP2000 has almost the exact same inputs/outputs on the back, so maybe Fatlimey can weigh in on this. My Polk subwoofer has a mono RCA output, so I'm kind of confused. Thanks in advance!
    You run both speaker through the sub woofer, and then from the subwoofer to the speakers. There should be 2 xlr inputs and 2 xlr outputs on the back of the subwoofer. If not xlr, they are trs.

Tech Wizard

Thanks for the quick reply Gary.

There aren't any XLRs or TRS' on the back of the sub but there are some speaker wire in's and out's. Could I run the speakers into the in's of the sub, and then the out's of the sub into the amp?

edit: pics
    back of sub (the cable in the pic is going from an LFE input that normally goes to the back of a surround sound receiver):

back of krk r6's:

back of behringer a500:
    Last edited by markage; 08-11-2012 at 07:47 PM.