New Night/Poster - Tunes needed - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by brocklambert View Post
    Well, it's blatantly lazy to ask for people to send you music to "rock the place", for which you are the one getting paid.

Plus, you can't even narrow down a genre... Just list nearly every genre there is. It's pure laziness.
    If its lazy asking people for help or advice or a heads up on this forum, then there are a lot of lazy people on here!

There is another thread on here about what has happened to the forum with people just being unfriendly, unhelpful and generally being not very nice.

I dont see anything wrong with the OP, just thought that I may discover some new tunes. I myself have put a few links up to some music for others to listen to.

I wonder if you have labelled people asking how to set up their sound card or advice on promotion etc lazy?

I listed a large genre because were planning on playing a wide range on the night, so if you knew a particular song in any of them then I was hoping that you may be a nice person and give me a heads up.

Why you even bothered to make a comment I don't know! It would have been just as quick to name a new song that may be doing it for you at the moment and help someone out.

While I don't disagree with what brocklambert said, you have a point about just not posting anything. That being said, your request comes off kinda like, "Hey, I've got a term paper due tomorrow and if all of you just write me one paragraph, I can get it done on time."

Just my .02 cents
    "Walking the fine line between Stupidity and Genious" My Soundcloud ---- My Mixcloud
    MBP Retina 2015--TSP 2.10--2xDNSC5000--2xDNSC2900--2xDNSC2000--NI F1--Denon DN-X1700--HDJ2000--Stanton STR8-80--QSC K12's--Crown Amplifier--Urei Monitors

Hmm, nothing wrong with the question, just the way it was asked

If you had worded it saying 'what tunes are big for you atm' you would have got a good response..

Try the new Cause & Affect EP - 4 good tracks there mate
    SC | MC

Apologies about the way it was asked then, will check out the cause and affect ep now!

Maybe you should have asked if people had any promos or unsigned tunes you could play? If I was DJing out, I'd ask people to send me their music...
    A&H Xone:96 | Xone:K1 | 2 x 1210s | Traktor Pro 3 | Apple Macbook Pro (2015) 13" | Sennheiser HD7 DJ | Maschine Mikro Mk3
    read: http://djworx.com/author/dan-morse
    talk: http://facebook.com/bleeptechno
    listen: http://mixcloud.com/bleephudds

Banned

Pure laziness, maybe you should just stick to the promotion side of the night and let the actual DJ's do their thing.

A&H Xone:96 | Xone:K1 | 2 x 1210s | Traktor Pro 3 | Apple Macbook Pro (2015) 13" | Sennheiser HD7 DJ | Maschine Mikro Mk3
    read: http://djworx.com/author/dan-morse
    talk: http://facebook.com/bleeptechno
    listen: http://mixcloud.com/bleephudds

I'm not trying to derail your thread, BFLY...this is moreso directed at the mods, and longtime users who will probably be able to shed light on my questions.

As someone who's only been using this forum for a handful of weeks now (lurking & posting), I am a bit confused as to why certain sections/forums don't exist.

Music Discussion: This is where we could recommend each other tracks, discuss what's hot (and what's NOT!), and find new styles. If I'm looking to start a thread on good French/Filter house music, it wouldn't seem to fit anywhere perfectly. Maybe this isn't the goal of DJTT Forums, but I know I've gotten some of my favorite tracks because other DJs recommended them to me. I also realize that there's the "The Big Thread Of Recommended Music", but it's not as easy to stay up to date on as, say, an entire forum section would be. The more accessible these threads are, the less threads would be started like this one, because guys like BFLY could peek into the most recent and active threads within the Music Discussion forum.

Off-Topic: Putting (OT) in the thread title is how it's currently done...we could easily consolidate all of the OT threads into an OT category, so that guys like me who want to go through General DJ Discussion topics won't have to sift through all the, uhh...bullshit to read all of the material pertaining to actual DJ'ing. OT topics are a great way of blowing off steam, and I could see it being a bit more fun in its own section.

Not hating at all...I'm just curious if there are reasons the forums aren't a tad more organized.
    MacBook Pro
    Numark NS7 + NSFX
    Serato ITCH
    Ableton Live 8
    Akai APC40

Tech Mentor

Not trying to be a dick, but maybe you should have put a little more effort into the original post, instead of just asking for music to rock the party, and asking people to send it to you.

I am happy to help, but only if people act like they are trying but need some assistance. The original post just came across as lazy.

Here is how an appropriate post for finding music comes across: "I have a big event coming up, and I've had a tough time finding quality tracks lately. I usually play deep house and tech house, and like chunky basslines. I have been digging Danny Daze's productions lately... can you guys recommend other artists I might like?"

To say "Hey it would be great if you guys can send me some music that will rock the place" does not show effort.

Again, not trying to be rude, but I am trying to help.
    Traktor Kontrol Z2 | (2) Pioneer CDJ-2000 | Traktor Kontrol X1 | Traktor Scratch Pro 2.6
    MacBook Pro | Sennheiser HD25-1 II | (2) EV ELX115P | EV ELX112P | (2) EV ELX118P

Tech Mentor

So that I provide some help here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQAaefwX6vA

My favorite track as of late.
    Traktor Kontrol Z2 | (2) Pioneer CDJ-2000 | Traktor Kontrol X1 | Traktor Scratch Pro 2.6
    MacBook Pro | Sennheiser HD25-1 II | (2) EV ELX115P | EV ELX112P | (2) EV ELX118P

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast