Jason Bay - Hotmess 009 Deep, Percussive, Ethnic & Jacking
    Banned

Default Jason Bay - Hotmess 009 Deep, Percussive, Ethnic & Jacking

Here it is, a new Hotmess mix to help you make it though to the weekend. Had a lot of fun with this one, just jumped right in to it and didn't let the energy drop until I stopped. Two standouts are the Mirko Loko tune and the Ramon Tapia remix of Rhythm Masters. These two will just destroy any dancefloor with out a second thought. Also tossed in an older tune, Hurt. It just seemed like a the right time and it did work out well I must say.

Stay safe this weekend and don't forget to dance for your favourite DJ, they will appreciate it!

As always, don't forget to check me out on soundcloud as well,

http://soundcloud.com/jason-bay

And if you have any tracks you think would fit what I'm doing, please send them my way at,

djjasonbay@gmail.com

Always looking to play tracks from up and coming artists so don't be shy now.

Cheers and enjoy the tunes!

Tracklisting for convenience,

01. Martinez - Thought Patterns

02. Hernilk Schwarz, Ame & Dixon - Berlin Karlsruhe Express

03. Okain - Scream (Nina Kraviz remix)

04. Mirko Loko - Around the Angel

05. Alex Niggemann & Marc Poppcke - Sleepless Nights

06. Martin Buttrich - L2

07. Butch - No Worries

08. Rhythm Masters - Spanish Ritual (Ramon Tapia and Dave Brody Revamp)

09. Matthew Dear & Seth Troxler - Hurt (Martines Dark Soil Remix)

10. Freaks & 012 - Conscious of my Conscience (Johnny D remix)

Tech Mentor

good tracklist!!.i cant get on with mixcloud though.nice mix buddy

Tech Mentor

listening again jas.....very nice!!

a well deserved bump for you buddy.

Tech Mentor

if you want my opinion though.it sounds as though you had chose what you are going to play before you mixed.i could be wrong but it shows in your eq'ing mate,some mixes are not gelling and i find that its because its preplanned and your not in the moment at the time of the mix.im not so good at eq'ing myself but am working on it.(and i seem to use efx alot to cover up bad mixing.)so please dont take offence.i suppose we all put our mixes up to hear what people think.

Banned

Much appreciated mate! Didn't plan anything out, never do with these mixes, just sit down and start playing and go off my folders and playlists and run with it. It takes me an hour to get "into it", unfortunately that's usually when I have to stop recording!

Some mixes are better than others, but that's just how it is. If it was a preplanned mix then of course I would have taken the time to audition tunes, make sure the mixes sound good and so on. But that's not how I record.

Banned

Also, this is the first time I played any of these tunes as well with the exception of "Hurt". Just dropped them in, laid out the cue points and beatgrids on the fly and started mixing.

And I'm also running four decks the whole time as well, with the actual tracks on A & B and loops on C&D so that might be what you're hearing as well.
    Last edited by Nephew; 07-29-2011 at 04:22 PM.

Tech Mentor

you created a good vibe and in a club it wouldn't be noticed anyway.i've done a mix somewhere in this forum.if you listen you'll quickly realise im not that qualified to be telling people whos mixes are alot better than mine what they're doing wrong.

look forward to the next instalment

Banned

Time for that Monday bump. Get over that hangover already and hit play!