A cup of glitched up Joe to start your day, Mix!
    Tech Wizard

Default A cup of glitched up Joe to start your day, Mix!

Here is a new mix i put together this morning. love to get some feedback. Hope you enjoy and gets your feet moving!
    Ed
    Last edited by EMZZ; 07-30-2011 at 10:40 AM.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by EMZZ View Post
    Here is a new mix i put together this morning. love to get some feedback. Hope you enjoy and gets your feet moving!
    Ed
    My GF and I listened to this mix while I played Baldur's Gate and she gave me tips. Yes, my GF is better at oldschool PC D&D RPGs than I am.

In any case, we both liked your mix and felt it was pleasantly modern background music to our gameplay. We didn't like the "Puttin' On The Ritz" remix. In general I felt that I could have used a bit more vocals, with the tempo relatively slow such a long instrumental mix can get a bit faceless. I noticed the very occasional slightly rough mix, but all in all.. quite a good effort. FWIW, we were listening to it on a macbook. not anything with bass response.

Keep posting stuff!

!!! AWESOMER !!!

Tech Convert

I listened to most of it, and although it's not really constructive, I enjoyed everything I heard. Loved to drastic changes, the little breakdowns, and the builds. My kind of tune! Thanks for posting.

Tech Wizard

Thanks for the feedback. It really helps me to improve my mixing skills. I live in a rural area right now and don't have many folks who are into future bass/glitch hop music or dj culture at all around me. I agree with you Awesomer, there are some rough spots for sure in the mix, but I thought the tunes spoke for their self and decided to post it anyway. This music is ment to be heard on a system with some bass response, but you get the idea. Dougzii, What do you mean its not really constructive?
    Ed

"Oops, looks like we can't find that page!

Did you try to access a private track, but were not logged in?
    Maybe the track or user has been removed"

Tech Wizard

fixed, sorry about that!

i burned this to a CD and jammed it in my bose car system with the bass up high , and thot it was pretty slammin.. i did hear a couple weird mixes, and caught a build that landed mid-phrase, but overall i enjoyed the hell out of it. was really feeling most of the track selection , but wasnt really liking a few tracks towards the end, but thats just personal taste. Also bearing in mind that this type of music is much more challenging to put together than your standard tech house or electro im giving this a thumbs up and a 7.5/10 on the snafu meter...more tricks and some one shot samples to spice it up, and a tad more careful placing of some of the mixes would have gotten it even better marks.

all in all.. thought it was very cool.. thanks for posting it again and keep up the good work.
    Traktor/Ableton /Komplete /MBP OSX el capitan

http://www.soundcloud.com/deejaesnafu

Tech Wizard

thanks for the feedback, I really do appreciate it. I agree, the mixing isn't perfect, but every mix I do is better then the last one, It takes time to really get this art to the level I want to be at. Glad you liked the track selection. I really feel thats where I excel at this point. Glad your slammin in the ride!