OSX Lion sound issues
    Tech Mentor

Default OSX Lion sound issues

OK i upgraded OSX to lion and ever since i've been having sound issues. I'll try to explain.

1st problem. I load Itch (latest build), my midi controller is detected and the 2 channels appear. I can load tracks BUT they won't start playing and will not leave the leave the first cue point. To resolve this i have to restart my MBP and load itch before any other apps.

2nd problem. This time i load TSP2 (latest build), my midi controller is detected But the SAME problem appears just like in itch. Again resetting resolves this issue. However as i'm having to use the internal MBP sound card at the moment i can only use 1 sound output. I'd normally pick "master" for output L+R however i Get no sound. the only way i get sound is if i switch the output L+R to "monitor" and i haven't found a way of fixing this.

I'm thinking it's obviously something to do with the internal soundcard giving or releasing permissions i'm guessing. I'm sure it'll be sorted as it seems to mess up even if i've play a vid on line then try and watch something through Itunes so i'm guessing it'll be a high priority and that i'm not the only one

cheers
    2 x Technics 1210's (mk3's), Xone 62, Denon 3500, TSP2, Traktor Kontrol S4, Midifighter, Macbook pro

amidoinitrite

I was told that with audio issues you should try starting your computer in 32bit mode.

Tech Wizard

serato has said that their software is not yet compatible with OSX Lion...better go back to leopard, its better anywayz

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by amidoinitrite View Post
    I was told that with audio issues you should try starting your computer in 32bit mode.

I'll find out how to do that and try it.

cheers for both replies though guys. at least its major and can't be ignored
    2 x Technics 1210's (mk3's), Xone 62, Denon 3500, TSP2, Traktor Kontrol S4, Midifighter, Macbook pro

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by amidoinitrite View Post
    It shouldn't make a difference, Traktor is a 32bit app, so it runs natively like that on OSX. Is the Master VU meter moving and it's volume knob turned up in the program?

Regarding Serato, it's not fully compatible atm.

What mac are you running? I don't have any issues "sharing" my internal soundcard, routing it's outputs or tracks refusing to play.

Maybe you should step back to Snow Leopard till Itch and Vestax gets things working smoothly.
    Last edited by padi_04; 07-30-2011 at 02:20 PM.