NanoPad - Traktor or 3rd party telling you what scene your in?

Default NanoPad - Traktor or 3rd party telling you what scene your in?

I use a NanoPad at gigs, and i sometimes find it hard to work out what scene i am in, so is there a way in traktor to tell me where abouts i am in the controller- or a third party application that can just run in the corner, sensing what the last key that was pressed was and tells me if it was in scene 1,2,3,4 (effects, cues, loops, mashing)

I also have a bit of programming experience, so if nothing else exists - how hard would it be to program a small bit of code for working out what keys are being pressed.

Thanks heaps
    “Getting information off the Internet is like taking a drink from a fire hydrant." Mitchell Kapor
    Setup: TP2 - Vestax Typhoon - Korg NanoPad - Windows 7 x64 - Sony Vaio (Deceased) - Acer Aspire Timeline.
    House Parties - 2x12" Titan Audio PA's, 1xBehringer B1500D Sub

You would run into a problem there. One of your programs (Traktor or the scene display) would reserve the MIDI input of your gear and lock it for other programs.
    As far as I know you can't use one MIDI device with more than one program but I am sure there are some workarounds.

I am not sure if this could help you but to look at the raw MIDI data of my controller I use MIDI-OX (http://www.midiox.com/). It displays MIDI input and can send messages itself. It probably does more than that but that is what I mainly use it for.

Thank you so much! There is a nice library that comes with MidiOX. Doing a bit of scripting now and will come up with something soon

Its not going to be completly automatic, but it will do the job for what i need it for :P

Thanks (:
    “Getting information off the Internet is like taking a drink from a fire hydrant." Mitchell Kapor
    Setup: TP2 - Vestax Typhoon - Korg NanoPad - Windows 7 x64 - Sony Vaio (Deceased) - Acer Aspire Timeline.

For anyone who is interested in a KorgNano Pad Scene shower. I will upload the two files.

Notes - It is semi-customisable. And by no means a distributable version. I don't even know if it will work on other computers. But here is my quick Windows (Tested on 7 x64 with Korg Nano Pad and MidiOX Installed) program.

I don't hold any responsibility for any issues that may arise - and im happy enough to show my source if anyone wants it (No judging but its in VB)