starting out to be a dj
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default starting out to be a dj

hi im just starting out as a dj if ya could offer me some advice on mixing,gigs,tips etc i would really appricaite it also add me as a friend

My advice? Sell that e36 and get an e46 M3

First of all you need to give us more info, what computer are you running, o you want to do controllerism or just basic mixing. What is your beget for your gear ?
    You need a controller or a mixer or some other equipment, and then you also need software.
    I would say try some free ones like mixx i think is free or maybe go get a traktor le if you can.
    Then you will need a soundcard but you can use the one in your laptop for now.
    My ideal setup in your position would be a traktor kontrol x1 and a mixer.
    You would get simple two deck mixing down and then if you want you can add another x1 for four deck and four fx banks control.
    Or you could go out and buy a numark mixtrack which is also a good beginners controller and comes with traktor le.

Quote Originally Posted by DJ SB View Post
    My advice? Sell that e36 and get an e46 M3
    how do you know he has that stuff ??

Quote Originally Posted by mr.drumer.boy View Post
    how do you know he has that stuff ??
    Clicked his soundcloud link and got to MY dashboard (fix that homie), then clicked his FB link and saw a tracked out e36.

go find some DJ friends and use their equipment. Practice on there stuff. Get an idea of how you want to mix, with or without software, Vinyl, CDJ, Controller. Learn from watching and asking. If possible its a great asset to get on some CDJs, or Vinyl and get the basics of beatmatching and mixing down, so having a dj friend who can help you learn would be a great asset. Gotta walk before you can run.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

read the blog, read the blog some more, then read it a little more. When you're done with that come back with specific questions.

http://www.djtechtools.com/
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    read the blog, read the blog some more, then read it a little more. When you're done with that come back with specific questions.

http://www.djtechtools.com/
    ok for starters i do not own the bmw
    and 2nd of all thanks for the advice i think dj software would be alrii for me

Tech Wizard

will let you kno when i need more advice

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by mr.drumer.boy View Post
    First of all you need to give us more info, what computer are you running, o you want to do controllerism or just basic mixing. What is your beget for your gear ?
    You need a controller or a mixer or some other equipment, and then you also need software.
    I would say try some free ones like mixx i think is free or maybe go get a traktor le if you can.
    Then you will need a soundcard but you can use the one in your laptop for now.
    My ideal setup in your position would be a traktor kontrol x1 and a mixer.
    You would get simple two deck mixing down and then if you want you can add another x1 for four deck and four fx banks control.
    Or you could go out and buy a numark mixtrack which is also a good beginners controller and comes with traktor le.
    ok dude i dont have a laptop yet but will let ya know more

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast