Help me with my DVS rig!!!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Help me with my DVS rig please!!! (denon mc6000)

Hey guys,

so i finally picked up a second Numark TT200 to complete a pair with the one i already had. Now i'm trying to have a hybrid rig with my denon mc6000 as the mixer and midi controller (for cues and samples and such) and the two turntables controlling my two decks.

Just for you visual folks, here's what it looks like:

Now, the two turntable are going into a Audio 4 DJ and back out into my 2 line channels on the mixer. I'm able to have full dvs control but i don't get any midi control (the mixer works, but the mixer is not midi. it is a real mixer).

So basically my question is, how do i set up 2 TTs, a Denon MC6000 (has built in soundcard) and a Audio 4 DJ so i can have vinyl control AND midi control?

EDIT: actually, i do have vinyl control, but i cant get any sound except from the two main decks being controlled by the turntables. No sample deck sound!

thanks!
    Last edited by tauket2; 07-31-2011 at 03:34 PM.
    CHRIS Rice aka DJ-X
    http://www.iamdjx.com

Traktor Scratch Pro 2, Denon MC6000, Numark TT200, Midi Fighter

you'll need to find some way to aggregate the 2 soundcards (MC 6000 and Audio 4) so that you have a total of at least 4 outputs (you'll have 6 with the MC6000's outputs I guess). I think something like Virtual audio cable can do this for you in windows.

actually:
    http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13317

ASIO4ALL seems to work for this. Cheers.

Oh: And you can't set your MC6000 to mixer mode since I think at that point it won't send midi. I don't know how the MC6000 works since I have never used it, but set it to midi USB mode and just let traktor handle the mixing. Don't plug your audio 4 outputs into the MC6000. The Audio 4 is just for timecode input and then let traktor mix internally as before. Use the MC6000 outputs as your cue and master output.

The Audio 4 outputs were designed so that you could mix externally but with the MC6000 you probably can't do both midi and mix externally.
    Last edited by Frank112916; 07-31-2011 at 05:05 PM.

bit confused on this... your mixer must have some form of usb out? have you got that pluged into your laptop?

have you got the mapping loaded into traktor?
    M I S T E R M O L E Y M O L E
    part of the digital revolution

Ok, after having played with the problem for a bit, here's the situation:

I can get sound from all 4 decks, but i cant get my monitor cue to work properly because it is a function from the mc6000's soundcard and in traktor, the audio 4 is the default sound card (audio 4 must be selected in traktor or else it will not recognize timecode!!!) i think the only problem im having now is with the headphone cue... how do i get around this?!? i tried asio 4 all but thats when i realized that audio 4dj must be selected in order to use timecode...
    Last edited by tauket2; 07-31-2011 at 05:00 PM.
    CHRIS Rice aka DJ-X
    http://www.iamdjx.com

Traktor Scratch Pro 2, Denon MC6000, Numark TT200, Midi Fighter

way too complicated

have you tried KISS method? ie Keep It Simple. Stupid!

well to do that, you plug your TTs into Audio 4, use Audio 4 as only soundcard and mix internaly with your midicontroler and ditch external mix. This way you have 2 main decks controlled by TTs and you can have addition 2 virtual decks mapped on your midi controller.

think about moving this rig around and plugginh into the club.

didn't mean to rant or anything, just pointing out that most of my dillemmas and problems were solved with the above concept and i can't get more happy about it.
    DJ Blofeld - The Evil Genius
    I shall look forward personally to exterminating you, Mr. Bond.” Ernst Stavro Blofeld to 007
    Doomsday device: TRAKTOR SCRATCH PRO, AUDIO 8, VCI-100black 1.3, 2x Technics SL1210mkII

Quote Originally Posted by tauket2 View Post
    Ok, after having played with the problem for a bit, here's the situation:

I can get sound from all 4 decks, but i cant get my monitor cue to work properly because it is a function from the mc6000's soundcard and in traktor, the audio 4 is the default sound card (audio 4 must be selected in traktor or else it will not recognize timecode!!!) i think the only problem im having now is with the headphone cue... how do i get around this?!? i tried asio 4 all but thats when i realized that audio 4dj must be selected in order to use timecode...
    Ok so just do this:

Set traktor to internal mix mode, choose 1 channel on the Audio 4 as your master output, choose the cue output on the audio 4 for your cue. DON'T plug your audio 4 output into the MC6000, just run it straight to the speakers. Put your MC6000 in midi mode and use it as a midi controller.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kupujte_Pytle View Post
    way too complicated

have you tried KISS method? ie Keep It Simple. Stupid!

well to do that, you plug your TTs into Audio 4, use Audio 4 as only soundcard and mix internaly with your midicontroler and ditch external mix. This way you have 2 main decks controlled by TTs and you can have addition 2 virtual decks mapped on your midi controller.

think about moving this rig around and plugginh into the club.

didn't mean to rant or anything, just pointing out that most of my dillemmas and problems were solved with the above concept and i can't get more happy about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank112916 View Post
    Ok so just do this:

Set traktor to internal mix mode, choose 1 channel on the Audio 4 as your master output, choose the cue output on the audio 4 for your cue. DON'T plug your audio 4 output into the MC6000, just run it straight to the speakers. Put your MC6000 in midi mode and use it as a midi controller.
    This and this
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

amidoinitrite

dang..
    buy an audio 8?

Is their any way you can use the audio 4 to send the TTs in.. and Traktors master out + a cue out?
    If so.. then their is your answer.. if not then you're probably gonna want to get an audio 8.

I always thought the MC6000 was traktor certified..
    my whole world has turned up-side-down.
    I guess the S4 would be screwed if it was.. and I'm sure Denon has tried to get it certified.. smart play by NI.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by amidoinitrite View Post
    dang..
    buy an audio 8?

Is their any way you can use the audio 4 to send the TTs in.. and Traktors master out + a cue out?
    If so.. then their is your answer.. if not then you're probably gonna want to get an audio 8.

I guess the S4 would be screwed if it was.. and I'm sure Denon has tried to get it certified.. smart play by NI.

You can only connect one soundcard at a time. Making an aggregate device won't work either because then you lose the DVS functionality.

I doubt Denon has tried to get it certified. They would have to pay the licensing fee for scratch functionality which would in turn drive the cost of the controller up beyond what people would pay for it.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Quote Originally Posted by amidoinitrite View Post
    dang..
    buy an audio 8?

Yes, there is. Just select output channel A as the master and Output channel B as the cue since channel B has a 1/4 inch output on the front.

That's probably the reason why. NI probably didn't want to cannibalize sales of the S4 by giving another (and less expensive) controller scratch certification. The xone 4d has scratch certification but that's at a completely different price point (like 2600 USD) than the S4.

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    You can only connect one soundcard at a time. Making an aggregate device won't work either because then you lose the DVS functionality.

I doubt Denon has tried to get it certified. They would have to pay the licensing fee for scratch functionality which would in turn drive the cost of the controller up beyond what people would pay for it.
    I doubt it only because the dn-x1600 and 1700 both recieved scratch certification with no change in price and the x1600 doesn't cost anymore than the S4. In fact, after all is said and done, I wish I had gone with the x1600 in the first place given my current set up.

The fees are built into end user costs when they have to purchase the certified mixer scratch upgrade which is 349 bucks.
    Last edited by Frank112916; 07-31-2011 at 05:35 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast