My First Track.

Thread: My First Track.

Tech Wizard

Default My First Track.

Hey guys,

This is my first time posting some of my work on this forum. Just wanted to know your opinions about this track i worked on. All of a constructive criticism will be appreciated and encouraged! Also I have no idea what style it is, nor if it's any style, so if anyone can tell me what genre of electronic music it can possibly be, it would be greatly appreciated!!!

Thank you for your time!

Quote Originally Posted by drevnir View Post
    Hey guys,

This is my first time posting some of my work on this forum. Just wanted to know your opinions about this track i worked on. All of a constructive criticism will be appreciated and encouraged! Also I have no idea what style it is, nor if it's any style, so if anyone can tell me what genre of electronic music it can possibly be, it would be greatly appreciated!!!

Thank you for your time!
    sounds housey

Tech Wizard

great mix dude love the beat

Sounds housey. Nice little tune. What software are you using?

I suggest you include more percussion buildups within your breakdown, as it seems a little long/not enough happening to keep interest. Maybe at around 2.38, bring in a clap on beat 2 and 4 or something.

A good suggestion I can give you generally is to have a listen to tracks in a style you like or an artist you like and make notes of what comes in and what goes at at what bar. You'll find it's in 8-16 bar sections with something always changing. Even if the melodic hook is still going for 64 bars, within that there'll be arpeggios, bass lines, percussion parts filtering in and out.

But I like it. Good stuff, keep working at it. ^_^
    "Tell me what I need to be a DJ so I can f*ck the prom queen"
    Biru on Soundcloud
    Biru on Facebook

Tech Wizard

I was going for house type tune, so that's good !

@jo8679466: thx mate!
    @biru: Thx for the feedback, yes after listening it for a while, I'll work on it more to make drops abit different, and add small variation to it. Also was thinking to add some vocals but we will see. However thank you for suggestions and feedback. And I use Ableton!

Thx guys for your time!