krk rp6 g2 monitors...
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default help with krk rp6 g2 monitors...

alright so i just got some of these monitors and every now and then when im playing a song on them they crackle and sound like static for about 1 second...i dont really know what i should be looking at fixing since i have no clue where i would start lol any help would be much appreciated

what information do you guys need from me to help me out?

its running on my HP laptop with win7 64 bit, i have my s4 right now hooked to my laptop for the sound card and then the main out 1 to the left monitor and main out 2 to the right monitor...
    Last edited by nuke5; 07-31-2011 at 06:57 PM.
    Production: HP G62 2.6 dual core, 8gb ram | Live 8 | APC40 | MPD32 | MPK Mini | NI A2 | KRK Rokit 6 G2s | 6pack of Rolling Rock
    DJ: Kontrol X1 | TP2

Are you sure it isn't traktor doing that? The S4's have been notorious for the crackles and pops. What settings are you running in traktor for you audio?

i actually dont have traktor running at all...im using spotify! i have a NI audio 2 but i need a TRS splitter before i can use it lol
    Production: HP G62 2.6 dual core, 8gb ram | Live 8 | APC40 | MPD32 | MPK Mini | NI A2 | KRK Rokit 6 G2s | 6pack of Rolling Rock

I have a similar problem with my speakers, probably because they are extremely ancient.

I notice that every time I touch or accidentally knock the plug it makes static noises along with other weird noises. I don't know how to fix the problem though, and I rarely use my speakers any more
    | Pioneer CDJ 800 | Korg KM202 | Citronic MPCD-S3 |

Soundcloud|Twitter|Mixcloud

I'm getting this with my new R6s as well, though I can't recall if it's with Traktor. It is certainly with Ableton and iTunes when I'm working on my playlists.

I don't know if it's a power issue - I have it through a surge protector, but I also get it plugged directly into a wall outlet. I figure it's a grounding / noise issue somewhere along the way in the house.
    [ 17" 2010 MBP ][ Mixcloud ][ CompleteJ ][ Soundcloud ][ Traktor Kontrol S4 ]

Tech Mentor

Sounds like cable issues to me... make sure the signal line isn't running parallel to the power cord... wiggle the signal lines with nothing playing and see if you can replicate the problem... if it is only when your playing music, try connecting something like an ipod or the like to rule out your computer / S4

derp
    removed battery charger line from laptop
    popping went away
    /derp

Why I didnt think of that before, I have no idea. Many thanks.

So how can I prevent this when I need to charge the macbook pro while I'm actually working on some music?
    [ 17" 2010 MBP ][ Mixcloud ][ CompleteJ ][ Soundcloud ][ Traktor Kontrol S4 ]

my laptop wasnt plugged in charging and the only thing i had connected to it was the s4 itself and it still every once in a while crackles and pops...i have some new cables coming on weds so i will see if i can fix it then.

This is not the sought of thread I want to see whilst I'm sitting here waiting for mine to be delivered:eek:
    MacBook Pro 15" 2.0GHZ i7. Kontrol S4. Traktor Scratch Pro 2.5. MidiFighter Classic. Aiaiai TMA-1.

Quote Originally Posted by Lecko View Post
    This is not the sought of thread I want to see whilst I'm sitting here waiting for mine to be delivered:eek:
    The speakers are amazing man! No worries its probably something that I'm doing that is causing the crackle and pop haha

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast