My future DJ Gear. - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I like how everyone is going on about the APC20 alone.... >.> what about eqs?

AND DONT YOU DARE SAY SOFT TAKEOVER FOR THE FADERS!
    >.> fader eq <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< Knob eq

also HD-25s are imho a bit pricey for what he wants.
    /人◕‿‿◕人\
    --Its not the OS, It's the user--

Default My future DJ Gear.

Like I said, Apc 40 can be found used for around 200. The encoders are definitely worth it and that + an audio 2 will be like 300 which leaves 100 for headphones. If I had the money id probably add one to my setup. The lpd8 just isn't cutting it for me because I hate having to use pages. I might get a launchpad actually if I can find one for a decent price used but I want some hdj2000s first.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank112916 View Post
    Like I said, Apc 40 can be found used for around 200. The encoders are definitely worth it and that + an audio 2 will be like 300 which leaves 100 for headphones. If I had the money id probably add one to my setup. The lpd8 just isn't cutting it for me because I hate having to use pages. I might get a launchpad actually if I can find one for a decent price used but I want some hdj2000s first.
    see? you even understand.

a repost from my post

GET DIFFERENT HEADPHONES!!!!
    Those things will muddy the sound!

$400 budget

APC40 used for like $200
    Audio2DJ used for like $70

$270 so far
    then buy some Shure SRH750DJ headphones or similar.

Trust me, it will be much better

APC40 mapping > Paddy's mapping (http://traktorbible.com/freaks/mappingview.aspx?id=123)

Ok, i read all the reviews, and i believe that i should definitely change the headphones, since they sound so horrible.
    I wanted to buy the Mixtrack, and not the APC40, because my original thought was that 2 decks+mixer was allot better than 16 knobs, but MuzicFreq kinda makes a point, its too redundant and it'll be hard to carry around a laptop, apc20, mixtrack pro, sound card, etc.
    I wanted to use the DJ I/O, well, first of all because its 30$ cheaper than A2DJ, but others because i read some reviews, i belive it was on DJTT, or Digital DJ Tips, that gave some bad comments towards the A2DJ, giving it 4/5 stars, and giving the DJ I/O 5/5 stars. But people over here reccomend me a A2DJ, is it worth it that much?
    Also, for the Headphone thing, i'm kinda on a tight budget, so thats why i thought of 350-400$ innitially, but i originally intended the XB500's to be a temporary solution til i could get the Sennheisers HD25-II, so that i can have a good gear, i thought that because it had a good bass, i could do well at beatmatching, and i was planning on buying these: [ame="http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0044DEESS/ref=ox_sc_act_title_8?ie=UTF8&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER"]Amazon.com: Etymotic Research ER20 ETYPlug Hearing Protection Earplugs, Standard Clear Stem with Blue Tip (Clear): Electronics@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/31JSZFvn1ML.@@AMEPARAM@@31JSZFvn1ML[/ame]
    They're Hearing plugs, -20db to all frequencies, so that i'm not deaf at my 50's.
    Well, guys, i wanna thank for all the support, i really appretiate it, and i would have made a error if i'd bought what i posted.

see if you can save up to spend 500-600. It will definitely be worth it to get the right gear the first time and you will end up spending much less money in the long run.
    Last edited by Frank112916; 08-02-2011 at 10:50 PM.

Tech Guru

You don't have to buy all in one time.

Buy apc40 and the audio2dj first. Use a cheap headphone plus a cheap used mixer (for external mixing) just to practice (i think you can find both for $70~$80), do your mapping and save up to 1 sennie ($195) + 1 iPad or Midifighter or something else...

Tech Wizard

Almost everywhere online, I've seen people recommend NI Audio 2DJ over Numark's DJIO. and I've heard the sound and build quality are better.
    The price difference between them isn't much usually.
    and you might be able to find one used.
    If it were me i'd go with Audio 2DJ, because NI have great reputation and are known for solid build quality. and even from just looking at them, Numark's looks kind of cheap. NI's looks solid.
    Numark for the most part have good reputation, but some things they've manufactured are a little on the cheap build quality side..
    http://soundcloud.com/aghastlykid
    Windows 7 64 bit - 4GB Ram HP Pavillion DV6 - Ableton Live 8 - Many Various Softwares =p - Akai RPM3 Monitor Speakers - Akai APC40 - Behringer BCD 3000 - M-Audio Oxygen 49

Quote Originally Posted by animaniatico View Post
    But people over here reccomend me a A2DJ, is it worth it that much?
    Everyone has recommended the Audio 2 and I will throw my recommendation that yes, it should be the only 2-channel soundcard you should even consider. If you just want to mess around in the bedroom or some house parties, it will work great and if you get club gigs it has more than enough oomph to rock some big speakers. I love mine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Illinoize View Post
    "Hey bro, you got any Skrillex? How about Deadmaufive?"
    http://www.mixcloud.com/robindore/

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12