VCI-100SE Traktor 3.4 mapping issues?
    Tech Convert

Default VCI-100SE Traktor 3.4 mapping issues?

Hi,

Thanks to Ean I just switched to firmware 1.3 with the kit for VCI-100 and instantly downloaded Traktor 3.4 just to be able to get a stable working environment. But few glitches I can't get my head around : First, I can't get the Juggle mode work.. the tiny button on the top right corner where the new inlay reads 'juggle on' still seems to control 'phone mix' and the lil' fella that reads 'fader fx' still controls 'phone volume' just like before. Also, the very bottom transport buttons (i.e. sync, drop, pause, play) don't function as cue1, cue2 etx. unlike what Ean seems to be doing in the video, I can't seem to be able to trigger my cue points with them ..Last, the 'sync' button is actually 'play' and the 'play' button only drops cue points while the 'drop' seems to go back to the last cue point...Oh, have I mentioned the deck A loop button on the top far left not shortening the loop? Sorry I seem to be completely lost in this..If you guys can make any sense out of what I tried to describe, highly appreciate if you could share your thoughts. By the way, the mapping I use is vci-100se ean golden1.2tks. Cheers.
    Last edited by mrbassman; 02-19-2009 at 02:25 PM.

Tech Wizard

VCI-100 SE TKS Version 1.4 (TT- Style) PLEASE USE THIS ONE
    http://www.djtechtools.com/wp-conten...4_tt_style.tks
    http://www.djtechtools.com/wp-conten...t_styletks.zip

This one fixes all known bugs including the pitch down not working on deck B when loop is on.

try using the above files. Taken from the VCI100 SE thread. This should solve everything.

Tech Convert

Thanks for your kind reply but I've initially started out with that prior to the earlier ones but nothing seemed to have changed...

Tech Wizard

HMMMM
    OK try restarting/ reinstalling traktor, making sure the tsi file is loaded correctly. Alternatively re-down load the tsi and try again. This is puzzling me.
    Is the new firm ware installed correctly? I'm sure it is, its probably not that.

It sounds like a mapping error but i cant understand why? unless you are still running 1,2 firm ware?

Hope something i have suggested helps

Tech Convert

Oh, have I mentioned this ain't Pro but 3.4.1? Nope, I'm freshly running firmware 1.3...
    It is strange as the juggle light doesn't turn on when you turn the lil' button on the far right like when Ean does it in the video which only suggests the whole thing is not mapping properly.
    Thanks anyways, dude.

Tech Wizard

Hmmmmm, go into the preferences, midi mapping, then have a lil look to see what the 'juggle' button is set to? this may explain what is going on. Because if a number of buttons are set incorrectly its a mapping error for sure. Then try re-loading the tsi file and check if the mappings have changed?
    If this solves it GREAT! if not and you manage to solve the issue let me know as i would love to know what's going on with it.
    Its confused me, maybe another forum user can come to the rescue.

Tech Convert

God, after all those years of dealing with music technology I now feel like the complete village idiot!! Sorry, man... this afternoon I just realized that I was loading the files into Hotkey setup rather than MIDI...This is what happens when you totally disconnect yourself from the outside world in your old age, locked in a studio all day, every day...
    Apologies for taking up your precious time, Craig, once again...

Tech Wizard

No problem at all, I'm glad the issue was sorted.

Thanks for helping him out craig, I need to make it clearer on how to load TKS and TSi files correctly.

Tech Wizard

Hi Ean,

No problem. I didn't really do much as i was stabbing in the dark and eliminating as i went.

Did you ever do a video on loading your tsi file into traktor to use with your SE? That would be a great tutorial if haven't you done one already?

Ps thanks for dispatching my Vci100SE so quickly! i should be receiving it any day now.