ICON iDJ First Impressions - Page 5
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Tech Convert

ok, based on your answers, i understand that icon support is not very good.
    i'm going to check the existing video on youtube

Tech Student

Default General question :)

Hi,
    Was wondering how I would go about setting this up to a typical club set up, (if its even possible) have traktor scratch pro and an audio 4 Dj, would I need to use that ?
    Sorry to ask potentially simple questions but I've recently moved from vinyl to traktor scratch and planning to move onto this as playing live with time code proves to be slightly inconvenient at times.

If you don't ask you won't know!

Been scouring the Internet for as much info as possible and this peice of kit seems like a right grab!!

Thanks,
    Jay

This is just a MIDI controller, with no audio interface, so would not be linked to anything in the club, just your laptop.

If you are intending to scratch then this isn't accurate enough and on my setup at least, seems to introduce a noticable latency. If you just need to use the jogs to navigate the track, nudge the tunes along, and pre-record some scratching then this is good enough. That said you get what you pay for - the buttons etc aren't pro quality so you can't be too aggressive with what you do with it and you have to press the buttons firmly to ensure they register.

Tech Student

Oh okay, sorry once again but does this mean that it is not useable in a club/party Even if somehow I connected my laptop to something ? If I'm wrong how would I do it ?
    I'm not really looking to scratch on it to be honest, only wanting to mix/eq/use some of traktors effects y'know.

Thanks for the quick response though top!
    Last edited by Jayboss; 02-19-2012 at 03:40 PM.

Yes absolutely perfect for parties and clubs if you're not scratching or going too mental with the controllerism.

Tech Student

Ah cool how woulD I go about about actually setting it up though I would be a bit sceptical about using an aux from my laptop but can't think how else I would get the audio from the laptop to the rig ?!
    I'm probably being pretty stupid

Quote Originally Posted by Jayboss View Post
    Ah cool how woulD I go about about actually setting it up though I would be a bit sceptical about using an aux from my laptop but can't think how else I would get the audio from the laptop to the rig ?!
    I'm probably being pretty stupid
    just use your audio4 for the audio out and there's a traktor tsi available from the icon website for the idj: http://www.icon-global.com/download/...or%20V1.03.zip
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl
    Quote Originally Posted by derschaich
    "wohoo, i'm touched, turn on the FX"

Tech Student

Ok cool, thanks for your help still a couple things I don't quite understand though, on the audio 4 there is only ins + outs for 2 channels no master out or anything, m thinking it probably won't be much less hassle than using time code now. Also,how do you listen to a cued track ?! If the mixer is built in but there is nowhere for headphones to be plugged in ! Sorry for the newbish questions, the only controller I've ever used is an S4 and hat has a built in sound card as you probs know

Quote Originally Posted by Jayboss View Post
    Ok cool, thanks for your help still a couple things I don't quite understand though, on the audio 4 there is only ins + outs for 2 channels no master out or anything, m thinking it probably won't be much less hassle than using time code now. Also,how do you listen to a cued track ?! If the mixer is built in but there is nowhere for headphones to be plugged in ! Sorry for the newbish questions, the only controller I've ever used is an S4 and hat has a built in sound card as you probs know
    looks like the audio4 has 2 sets of ins+outs and also a headphone output on the front for channel 'b'? then u just configure traktor to use channel 'a' as the master output and channel 'b' for headphone cueing if u want to use internal mixing (which i presume u do, to use the mixer controls on the idj)
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl
    Quote Originally Posted by derschaich
    "wohoo, i'm touched, turn on the FX"

Tech Student

Default I have sent you a message also about the iDJ

Quote Originally Posted by synthet1c View Post
    don't bother contacting icon support, I have sent them 6 emails in relation to my idj and istage and not one reply, I was mapping my istage to as 2 midi fighters (instant grat and deckalized combined) and a mixer and was having issues with duplicate midi messages for the led note on commands. I first contacted their suppliers for answers, was told simply "i don't know" then emailed their support gave them as much info as I could which was a lot and got nothing back after repeat requests! /rant
    Hi Synthet1c,

I have sent you a message also about the iDJ, but I didn't get a reply (yet). But maybe you are to busy ;-)