Interface?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Interface?

Tech Wizard

Default Interface?

Hey there DJ Tech Tools community,

Sorry, this might be a really dumb thread but I'm really confused right now...

I need an external soundcard/interface so that I can monitor (CUE) my tracks in Traktor 2. So I was thinking about an NI Audio 2 DJ or 6 DJ but eventhough the Audio 2 is pretty affordable I just don't have the money for it now, since I just got all my other gear together..

So I thought about getting an Behringer (i know) UCA222 or UFO202. Please tell me if this setup would work:

MacBook Pro Traktor 2 SP,
    Behringer DDM 4000 (Midi)
    2x Denon DN SC 2000 (Midi)

All I right now need is to be able to Monitor (CUE) my tracks on my headphones and output the rest over speakers and I think that a Behringer UCA222 or UFO202 would do the job just fine..?

So please tell me if it would work this way, and which is better the UCA222 or UFO202?

EDIT: I use 4 Channels..? does that make any difference because I would like to mix internally still?!
    Regards,
    DJ Plutrix
    Last edited by DJPlutrix; 08-01-2011 at 09:27 AM. Reason: Added Info

amidoinitrite

SC2000s are great! I highly recommend them.
    I'm guessing the SP after traktor means scratch pro?
    If so then it should've came with a soundcard.. or you upgraded from a kit with a soundcard.

You can find a2djs on craigslist for around $50-70. that is what I would recommend.. BUT you should be able to use any soundcard.. all you need is 2 stereo outs.

Tech Wizard

Yeah but I bought it on ebay and the soundcard came with it was broken thats why I got them so cheap and It was unrepairable so now I'm looking for a cheap alternative.. So a UCA222 would so the job?

amidoinitrite

Quote Originally Posted by DJPlutrix View Post
    Yeah but I bought it on ebay and the soundcard came with it was broken thats why I got them so cheap and It was unrepairable so now I'm looking for a cheap alternative.. So a UCA222 would so the job?
    safe!
    eh.. I've never used one! If its just temporary and for practice I'm sure it will suffice.. also its only USB 1.1, but since its only one way you should be fine! Have you looked into numarks little interface?

I'm not sure if Maudio Fast Tracks have 2 stereo outs (the smallest one)..
    I had one awhile back.. I don't remember too much about it tho.. they usually go used for around $35.. IF they have 2 stereo outs I would definitely recommend those over the UCA222

If you're intended to use scratch functionality (i.e. using the control vinyl/CDs) you need an Audio 4/6/8/10

If you're not then, and are solely using Midi mapped controllers, you get a lot more choice. I don't know the specifics of the cards you mentioned
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2/Serato SL1/Ecler NUO 3.0/VCI 100 SE/2 x Technics 1210 Mk2/Sennheiser HD25 II/Novation Dicers

Tech Wizard

Yeah no scratch for me House and Dubstep and all I really need are some outputs and headphone preview

The UCA222 features an input and an output. This isn't useful for traktor at all. You want something with two stereo outputs for your master output and headphone cueing.

Nevertheless I've heard those behringer sound cards before and they sound horrible. I doubt you'll get low latency either.
    The xwax Thread! - The minimal open source DVS for Linux!
    Reddit's /r/DJs! - Another great DJ community!

Tech Wizard

O okay so could you recommend me some cards that don't require me to sell my house?

Numark IO? NI Audio 2? Both super cheap. You could probably get them second hand for pocket change if you somehow feel they are too expensive. (lol)
    The xwax Thread! - The minimal open source DVS for Linux!
    Reddit's /r/DJs! - Another great DJ community!

O okay so could you recommend me some cards that don't require me to sell my house?
    The Audio 2 is only about £60 isn't it? Does the job
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2/Serato SL1/Ecler NUO 3.0/VCI 100 SE/2 x Technics 1210 Mk2/Sennheiser HD25 II/Novation Dicers

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast