88Point3-Wishing On A Star-Wiggle Smush Smush
    Rollz-Soulcalibur
    Pilotpriest-Bodydouble-Phace Mix
    Feint-My Sunset
    DJ Alpha-My Treat
    Mindscape & Ryme Tyme-Sickness Remix

Direct DL

Tech Mentor

I listened to your mix while playing Baldur's Gate 1 Tutu. Many gnolls were slaughtered. I rescued Dynaheir. Good times. Below is some feedback, which will hopefully be taken in the intended spirit, that of mutual DJ improvement.

- Some tracks had very off levels. Specifically, much quieter than other tracks.

- I am not very familiar with this particular style of DNB (techstep?) but I did recognize one of the tracks you played as being pretty old school. The rest of it, I guess, is newer stuff? I... don't care for this style of music. But for this style of music your track selection seemed decent.

- It seemed like you started off at full energy, and didn't necessarily have much progression in terms of energy level.

- I didn't care for the scratching. If I never hear someone scratch Starscream calling Energon cubes "fresh" ever again in my life, I would probably be quite content. FWIW the *scratching itself* was pretty well executed.. just seemed to not really fit into the overall picture and I *hate* the stock reperotoire of "scratch" samples many people use.

- Do all of whatever-genre-this-is DNB tracks have a like, 16th note percussion pattern playing at all times? Occasionally, I can see how that would be very exciting.. but when it's going alll mix long my ear gets pretty.. worn out?

- I appreciated the tracklist and the download link.

Thanks for posting and keep at it!!

!!! AWESOMER !!!

Tech Student

Default Go for the Eyes BOO!

Fair calls. Tracks are all pretty much new, cept' for 88Point3..which is a nice gunked up Smile 10in looped and cut in Serato Went straight for the neck due to lack of available windows of time.

What genre is your poison? DnB is not my regular roll, wife wanted some for a ride, so I kicked it out with no fuss or master.

Tech Mentor

Yeah that 88.3 is definitely the one I recognized from an old Mickey Finn set back in the day.

As to my "poison," I have diverse musical tastes, both as a listener and a DJ, but I own the most DJ records of banging, experimental, wonky hard techno. Sativae, Tresor, BPitchcontrol, Drought, and so forth... but my most recent mix was part of the Deep House Mixtrain III. Pretty diametrically opposed to my most recent CD, which was mega-micro-mash-mixes. The DNB-like style I have the most appreciation for is early 1990s Amen Ragga Jungle like Congo Natty, etc., though I have never really DJed it.

It's fair to say that I like music. What's your usual DJ style?

PS - Loved the Boo reference, hehehe.. Minsc is a funny one..
    Last edited by Awesomer; 08-08-2011 at 04:44 PM.
    !!! AWESOMER !!!
    Remixes, DJ Mixes, Awesomeness @
    http://soundcloud.com/awesomer
    Chat With Us In (Unofficial) DJTT IRC @
    irc://irc.rizon.net/djtt

Tech Student

Life long breaks and electro for the most part, little bit of prog depending on when and where people asked me to play.

As you stated though, fan of music in general.

I have sets back to 96 up on the main podcast. Some of the live sets may have stuff in your wheelhouse. I venture outside of my zones when out in the wild...crowds drive the boat sometimes
    http://matterandmotion.libsyn.com/