Midi mode kontrol x1 issue
    Tech Student

Default Midi mode kontrol x1 issue

I apologize if there is anothr thread for this. I'm having an issue with my kontrol x1s and maschine in midi mode with traktor pro2. It seems that when I put my x1s in midi mode the 4 "fx on off buttons" control eq kills when pressed. This is before I map anything. If I map an assignment to an fx button it works fine however it is still controlling the eq kill as well. Also with maschine I have similar issues with the knobs controlling random things before I assign them to anything. If anyone has any suggestions as to how to fix this I'd greatly appreciate it. Thank you very much.

if it's just in midi mode can't you just unmap the eq kills? no clue about the x1 tho as i dont have one
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl
    Quote Originally Posted by derschaich
    "wohoo, i'm touched, turn on the FX"

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Do you have another mapping for something else with EQ kills loaded? You can change what channel the X1 sends CC's out on in the controller editor.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Student

Unfortunately I can't unmap anything because it shows that nothing is mapped. I do have other mapping for my typhoon but it doesn't have eq kill mapped. It's sort of odd like the buttons are premapped but hidden. I'll have to the x1. I admit I haven't messed with the controller editor so will try that and see what happens. Thank both of you very much for the replies. You are stand up members of this forum. I'll have an update later today after I trouble shoot.

Tech Student

Thank you for the time I resolved the issue thanks to a nice hint by photojojo. My typhoon was set to all ports and this was confusing my controllers and me two clicks and fixed. Thank you!!!