new headphones suggestions - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

thanks guys! i appreciate all your help. it seems like the general consensus is save up and buy something with higher quality that will last!

Tech Student

I've been looking for new headphones and have seen a lot of people recommend the HDJ2000s.

1) I'm a home hobby dj
    2) I've found a pair on craigslist for $200. In box, rarely used.

Budget is no issue, so spending $200 on a pair that will last a long time is no problem, but I've seen people mention knockoffs. How is one to tell? Also, would the HDJ2000s be overkill for at home use only?

Thanks!

For that price you could get the TMA-1's or the HD-25s brand new and not worry about shady craigslist purchases. But if you trust the source, that's a great deal on the pioneers.
    "Art is what you can get away with." - Marshall McLuhan

Tech Wizard

i definitely love the tma-1s... i've always been in love with them. i just don't know if i can drop 200 clams like that. being a college student sucks :P

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Lermy View Post
    I've been looking for new headphones and have seen a lot of people recommend the HDJ2000s.

1) I'm a home hobby dj
    2) I've found a pair on craigslist for $200. In box, rarely used.

Budget is no issue, so spending $200 on a pair that will last a long time is no problem, but I've seen people mention knockoffs. How is one to tell? Also, would the HDJ2000s be overkill for at home use only?

Thanks!
    i'm not sure about how to make sure if it's fake but you can at least meet up with the person somewhere (in a safe and public location, of course) and check them out. see for yourself if it's high quality, or try to take someone who knows what they're doing. i'm sure the person will have a receipt of where they bought it too.

even the hd 25 sp, slightly cheaper and still brilliant headphones
    MBP / 8gb Ram / 1TB / SSL / Rane SL2 / HD25's / Dicers / Empty Bank Account

i would never buy pio hdj 2000 from anywhere but a authentic dealer. There are wayyyyy too many fakes out there

Tech Wizard

here's a thread from another forum comparing a real and fake hdj-2000: http://www.djforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=280601

it's kinda hard to tell... saw some youtube vids too..

Tech Mentor

Just went thru the process of looking for a new pair of headphones.

I figured it was best to save up some more and spend money on a quality product that will last, and i'm very happy with my decision.

Went for the HD 25-1 II. It seems to be hard to break, the sound is INCREDIBLE and you can order about every part seperately, which is nice when you break one part!

Actually just got an email this afternoon they sent it to me, will be here tomorrow morning; cant wait!

This would be my advice.

Gr

Tech Wizard

i would probably buy the tma-1 over the hd 25-1 II. i've read a lot of reviews and i really like the design. time to save monies..

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast