Traktor scratch duo skin problems/ Reinstalling Traktor scratch duo
    Tech Convert

Default Traktor scratch duo skin problems/ Reinstalling Traktor scratch duo

Hi guys,
    I have Traktor Scratch duo 1 (not 2) i have all the gear ive only had if for a few months now however, a month or so back my program went all wierd and looked lik it was reset to default and all my setting were changed and my controller mapping wasnt working anymore. So i just said watever and re did all my settings and re mapped my controller. However something i noticed is that i cant change my skin for traktor to the ones i used to have i only have ex mixer, ex mixer cover, int mixer, int mixer cover. Thats not wat traktor scratch duo is supposed to have its supposed to have lik scope view and others (cnt remember the 3 at the moment srry) the program as a whole stilll works but i cnt seem to fix it so i can change to scope view (caus i dont wanna c the beat match lines anymore). I cnt seem to find this problem anywhere else and i cnt seem to fix it so id like some help please. . . . if u no how to fix this gr8 if not i wanna know how to uninstall traktor and thn reinstall without using my second (and last) registration code (because i plan on upgrading my pc at some point and i dont wanna hav to buy again)

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Try doing a clean install. If you are reinstalling in the same machine, you don't use the spare license, so don't worry about that.

Are you using a Mac or a PC? the uninstall process differs.

Tech Convert

I am on a pc (i actually said i am on pc in the first description). . . how do i do a clean install and unistall without losing all my settings and scanned tracks

Tech Convert

Please help me!

Hi mate.

First export your tsi controller mapping's. When you do this decide weather you want to save your audio setup and gui layout as well. As for your tunes that are beatgrid lock those in the beatgrid section. That should solve not having to regrid them. Pretty sure that's all you need to do. Maybe someone else can confirm this. Take your time and don't rush things. It's not that hard.
    It's not the gear. It's how you use it.
    limitations are the source of creativity.
    If you don't practice you don't want it.

http://soundcloud.com/zimfella

Tech Convert

ya ok but im still wasting a code for traktor

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KracKr1 View Post
    ya ok but im still wasting a code for traktor
    Even if you reformat your computer and install again it only counts as one system. They identify your computer with a system id (motherboard).

Backup your Traktor folder. Use Traktor's regular uninstaller and run ccleaner. Restart your computer and install again, then point Traktor to your old collection folder (or replace the new one).

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

What Padi said. You can install and uninstall as many times as you want on the same computer. You may need to run Service Center between installs.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Convert

ok thanks but wat u mean point it to the old traktor files