Latest NI Updates on 14-Bit Support and Key Lock Questions
    Tech Mentor

Default Latest NI Updates on 14-Bit Support and Key Lock Questions

Here is the latest on what NI has to say about 14-bit Midi support and key lock questions -->

http://www.native-instruments.com/fo...316#post493316

[14-Bit Midi Support]

djthc wrote:
    Will new update support vestax VCI-300?
    Yes, version 1.1 supports the 14bit MIDI that is sent by the faders, and the jog wheels are supported by the new relative fader mode.

Because the jog wheel sends a special signal type, you need a special TSI file that we will provide soon.

[Key Lock]

teejay wrote:
    Which version of Elastique is in 1.1? Pro or Efficient?
    The current version of Traktor Pro uses "Elastique Efficient" for the HiQ mode and "Elastique Soloist" for the Eco mode.

We plan to integrate the "Elastique Pro" algorithm in the next update, and it will give a further quality boost to the Keylock sound quality especially with timecode. We already experimented with the Pro algorithm for version 1.1, but it is quite performance-intensive and at moment we are working on improving the implementation to bring the CPU load down to a reasonable level.

For now, the Eco mode is recommened for timecode operation in Traktor Scratch Pro.

Thanks for the info dude

Well, this is brightens the horizon somewhat for the 1.1 update.

So what does the news of the news of the special .tsi for the VCI-300 mean for us with hopes of 14-bit MIDI pitch faders for out VCI-100s?

Does everyone think they NI were right to use stop gap measures for the key lock problems?
    17" MacBook Pro, 2.66 GHz i7, 4GB RAM; Vestax VCI-100, NI Audio Kontrol 1/ MBox Mini, M-Audio Oxygen 8, Beyerdynamic DT-150 cans; Pro Tools LE 8, Ableton Live 8, Logic Studio 9, Traktor Pro

Quote Originally Posted by kidfromkibbly View Post
    So what does the news of the news of the special .tsi for the VCI-300 mean for us with hopes of 14-bit MIDI pitch faders for out VCI-100s?
    Means we just replicate the messages that are being sent by the VCI-300 for the VCI-100

I wouldnt get your hopes up just yet though, lets see how it works first.

Quote Originally Posted by BentoSan View Post
    I wouldnt get your hopes up just yet though, lets see how it works first.
    Trust me dude, the way things are these days I keep my hopes firmly tethered to the ground!!
    17" MacBook Pro, 2.66 GHz i7, 4GB RAM; Vestax VCI-100, NI Audio Kontrol 1/ MBox Mini, M-Audio Oxygen 8, Beyerdynamic DT-150 cans; Pro Tools LE 8, Ableton Live 8, Logic Studio 9, Traktor Pro

Quote Originally Posted by kidfromkibbly View Post
    Trust me dude, the way things are these days I keep my hopes firmly tethered to the ground!!
    I havent heard good things about the 14 bit midi support but im trying desperatly to get more information - i seem to be getting conflicting information from different sources >_< We will get more information out about this as soon as its availible.