Looking for Best Digital Dj Gear
    Tech Student

Default Looking for Best Digital Dj Gear

Hello Pro Djs pls help me hear to buy the best dj gear. I am new to djing never had any training.

My laptop is of 2007 specs are: compaq
    windows Vista 64 bit with AMD Turion processor(tm) 1.9 ghz
    2.5 gb ram

Budget is not a matter but I am really looking for something which will suit my laptop specs. I would use traktor and in future ableton.

Wanting to buy twich but it dosent support vista ( its mentioned in serato itch website.) dont know when it will be available in the market.

thought of Traktor kontrol S4, xone dx, dennon mc 6000, or if nothing works out for my laptop specs then mixtrack pro. but wanted your experts advice.

Any other gear pls suggest, need one urgently.

well I can only either buy gear or laptop so I prefer a gear for now n in future I will upgrade my laptop as well.

Tech Wizard

Your laptop should be able to run Traktor2 and a controller.

If you can add more memory to your system, that would be the cheapest thing to do to your current laptop.

Tech Wizard

"The best" is a rather subjective term. Have you played with any programs or controllers yet? Make sure to do that. You usually wouldn't buy a car without driving it first.

Windows Vista?!?!

You are willing to drop thousands of dollars on equipment but won't spend the $100 or so upgrading to Windows 7?

[facepalm.gif]

/edit You should update to 4GBs of ram or more. Also puzzling why you are using a 64bit OS when you only have 2.5GBs of ram.
    Last edited by Paka Ono; 08-04-2011 at 03:44 PM.

Tech Student

Hi guys I can upgrade to windows 7 not an issue. yes I have used Traktor and ableton live with m audio fast track Pro and edirol pcr 300 but I sold it and I dont have a gear right now....

Quote Originally Posted by Peri View Post
    Wanting to buy twich but it dosent support vista ( its mentioned in serato itch website.) dont know when it will be available in the market.

thought of Traktor kontrol S4, xone dx, dennon mc 6000, or if nothing works out for my laptop specs then mixtrack pro.
    These two paragraphs show you do have an idea of some of the gear on the market, so my best advice would be to do your research on all the ones you have listed. The forums are full off advice and reviews on many controllers/mixers. Type any of them in the search box and read every detail twice over.
    No one can tell you what to get as its a decicion for you to make based on your collective research. Give it a try, its a lot of fun doing your homework

Quote Originally Posted by Peri View Post
    need one urgently.
    Do not rush into your investment, As if this is something you really enjoy you are going to want to know you have made the right decision with your hard earned cash.

Welcome to the forums and the world of Dj tech tools. Its a magical place.
    Last edited by Zaniac; 08-04-2011 at 06:52 PM.
    "Wow! I wanna be just like your friend! Thats honestly what i told my mom and dad when i was about 11 years old...i said when i grow up i wanna dj for rich people"

Windows 7 64bit and 4GBs+ of ram should be your first priorities. The more ram the better.

If you want to go the Serato route then I would def look into the Novation Twitch. This won't preclude you from using Traktor, but the Twitch is Serato focused.

If you want to go the Traktor route then I would look into the S4.

what is ur budget
    Dj F.a.R.h.A.n
    hip hop, house, reggaeton, dancehall, afrobeats, and international.