Max number of X1s? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by abletom View Post
    I can't see the second hand ones going for $200 when a new one includes tp2.
    Assuming the license can be sold separately, something we don't know yet.

Tech Wizard

Cheers Padi I never thought of that.

I know some people don't like the internal mixer but I think it's great.

When I play out I hate having to plug in more channels to the house mixer when another dj's on and don't see the sense in taking another bulky mixer that processes audio when all I need is some knobs and button to send midi to control the internal mixer. I've got maschine and the build quality is awesome.
    2014 MBP Retina 15" / Maschine Studio / MM-1 / 2x X1 Mk2 / A2DJ / Rokit 5's

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Cheers Padi I never thought of that.

I know some people don't like the internal mixer but I think it's great.
    Well, I hope you like rotary mixers then

Tech Wizard

Even if you can't sell the license you could do it the other way round. If you were about to buy tp2 (at least over here in £'s) the x1 is the same price, so I recon most people would be savvy enough to buy the x1 just to get tp2. Then sell the x1 on and offset the price.

Banned

Abletom might be onto something, been contemplating this myself lately. Just trying to a find a way to slim down my setup and 4 X1's with a Nanokontrol seems like a good place to start for me.

Been looking for some X1's on the cheap lately, but nothing yet. Hopefully they'll be coming out with a new "X2" soon so I can scoop them up on the cheap!

Tech Wizard

Just an idea really, I'm waiting on an OHM-rgb and code arriving and was just thinking about other options. I know some people love smooth mixes and the rotary mixers are meant to be good for that I spose, never really tried one.

...just incase Topps is still reading I'll be using my new controllers for Ableton production too and I'll assign the minimum number of buttons to traktor that I can bare.

Tech Wizard

Yeah you could easily throw 4 x1's in your bag with a laptop and an audio 2 and you'd have loads of control!

It's not the actual act of using a shift function I dislike. I like having all the controls at my disposal in the same place all the time. Maybe I decide I want to use a filter and halfway through I want to use a bit of reverb on the end, but there's no reverb on the two effects banks iv selected. What if I always want to do two things at once and one of the things I want to do is on another layer or mode or bank. I've only got two hands.

I can't see the second hand ones going for $200 when a new one includes tp2.
    That one time you MIGHT want to do this simply so it gets you off. Sounds really really stupid to me.

I dont see why Traktor couldnt read 4 X1's, since they all have their own 'identities' because of serials in the Controller manager. I think it's a rather silly idea and this could definitely be achieved in a more cost effective way, and probably with a more reasonable layout too!

@Topps: I agree with you that this is a terri-bad idea, but I also have to ask - who pissed in your cereal this morning? no need to womp this guy repeatedly in this thread for bringing up an idea.
    Last edited by ajrindy; 08-04-2011 at 06:20 PM.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Topps View Post
    That one time you MIGHT want to do this simply so it gets you off. Sounds really really stupid to me.
    That one time? Simply so it gets me off? What are you talking about?

Last time I checked everyone was djing because they enjoyed it and I'm supposing people buy different setups because they want different things.

I'm guessing you didn't read this thread...
    http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/showthread.php?t=34195

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast