Help: CDJ 350's with Traktor

Default Help: CDJ 350's with Traktor

Hi everyone,
    I am new to djing so this is very complicating for me.
    My friend let me use his copy of Traktor scratch pro 2 but i do not have an audio interface. I have been trying to set up my cdj 350's and behringer ddm4000 mixer to traktor, so far i have been able to import the mapping file and most of the buttons and controls on the cdj's are able to control the software (pressing play on the cdj's plays the track etc), but i have run in to 2 major problems.
    1. the jog wheel only functions as if the cdj were in cd mode acting as a pitch adjust and i want to be able to use it in vinyl mode to scratch. I am starting to lose faith in that scratching will be possible without the audio interface.
    2. this one is much more important. the audio from traktor only plays through one channel on the mixer, I need to find a way to make it so the audio output runs through two channels on the mixer, to be able to use the crossfader and such. i have already messed around with asio4all and made it so that both pioneers can be used at once in traktor but again both tracks only come out through one channel in the mixer. also when i set the mixing mode to external i experience a lot of lag and feedback noise.
    any help is appreciated an if you need any other information just ask
    thanks

Tech Guru

if you're on a mac you need to aggregate the soundcards. Just do a search for that on google. At least that's how the CDJ400's work. I assume this is the same.

Jog wheels. There's probably a button that turns scratch on/off. Much like the CDJ's have a vinyl mode button. If not you may need to map it. If the 350's are anything like the 400's the jogs were not that great for scratching. Actually pretty bad when using them in HID mode with Traktor.
    SSL - DJM 800 - Technic 1200's - X1 - ITCH - NS6 - VCI-300

thanks for the reply, and im not on a mac...do you think theres any way to agregate on a pc?

Tech Guru

I think with a PC you can just pick 1 soundcard in your settings. I would just google it

"how to use CDJ 400 in HID with traktor" and it will come up. The 400's have been around a while so there should be plenty of answers.
    SSL - DJM 800 - Technic 1200's - X1 - ITCH - NS6 - VCI-300

Tech Mentor

You also could try ASIO4All, then select both your cdjs in the settings of asio. Then in traktor set mixing mode to external (if u want to use the ddm4000 as mixer, and that is what i understood of the OP) select the ASIO4All as soundcard. Under routing you route the traktor decks to the cdj soundcards.

Also, you have to put the 350 in the PC or USB mode too

Quote Originally Posted by gmondelo95 View Post
    Hi everyone,
    I am new to djing so this is very complicating for me.
    My friend let me use his copy of Traktor scratch pro 2 but i do not have an audio interface. I have been trying to set up my cdj 350's and behringer ddm4000 mixer to traktor, so far i have been able to import the mapping file and most of the buttons and controls on the cdj's are able to control the software (pressing play on the cdj's plays the track etc), but i have run in to 2 major problems.
    1. the jog wheel only functions as if the cdj were in cd mode acting as a pitch adjust and i want to be able to use it in vinyl mode to scratch. I am starting to lose faith in that scratching will be possible without the audio interface.
    2. this one is much more important. the audio from traktor only plays through one channel on the mixer, I need to find a way to make it so the audio output runs through two channels on the mixer, to be able to use the crossfader and such. i have already messed around with asio4all and made it so that both pioneers can be used at once in traktor but again both tracks only come out through one channel in the mixer. also when i set the mixing mode to external i experience a lot of lag and feedback noise.
    any help is appreciated an if you need any other information just ask
    thanks
    2. You need to configure your output routing properly. Only then your music will go to both channels instead of one.