Allen and Heath Xone:DX Question
    Tech Student

Default Allen and Heath Xone:DX Question

Alright, so I am strongly considering purchasing a Xone : DX within the near future and I had a quick question to anyone that has one or knows the answer to my question...

Straight out of the box, do you have to hook the controller up to an external audio source (Speakers) in order to get sound or can I just listen off of my headphones? I wasn't sure it was mandatory to hook up to an external power source (speakers/amp) to get sound or if I could just listen off of my headphones?

I apologize if this is a repetitive or "dumb" question.

Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Rob

you can of course just listen to the music through your headphones but you can't cue each channel then ^^

Tech Student

Gotcha. Thanks for your response. Greatly appreciated.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

There's no monitor mix on the DX?

EDIT: it seems like one of the knobs on the front would let you mix what's in your headphones and what's coming out of the cued channel.
    Last edited by photojojo; 08-06-2011 at 07:40 AM.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

You should def consider getting a Xone DX. Prices on the DX just dropped this week I believe because it has been just about 1 year since the DX has been out. Most hardware drops in price a bit 1 year after being out. It could also be because of the recent release of Twitch and also Itch 2.0, trying to persuade people towards more Itch products. Plus sales of the s4 have been very successful so more competition maybe.

DX brand new now is only $500. 2 weeks ago brand new the DX was $1200+ retail, $700-800ish on ebay. So now its cheaper than s4 and mc6000 and beats them in quality.

If jogs aren't a biggie, and you're ok with the small cue point buttons on the bottom of the DX, definitely go for it. The build quality and soundcard (24/96) is one of the best amongst the all-in-ones.

I was deciding between this, Twitch, and mc6000 for a long time. Took a hard look at my needs and my budget and settled with the DX. Good luck buddy!

Quote Originally Posted by GI Trackt View Post
    You should def consider getting a Xone DX. Prices on the DX just dropped this week I believe because it has been just about 1 year since the DX has been out. Most hardware drops in price a bit 1 year after being out. It could also be because of the recent release of Twitch and also Itch 2.0, trying to persuade people towards more Itch products. Plus sales of the s4 have been very successful so more competition maybe.

DX brand new now is only $500. 2 weeks ago brand new the DX was $1200+ retail, $700-800ish on ebay. So now its cheaper than s4 and mc6000 and beats them in quality.

If jogs aren't a biggie, and you're ok with the small cue point buttons on the bottom of the DX, definitely go for it. The build quality and soundcard (24/96) is one of the best amongst the all-in-ones.

I was deciding between this, Twitch, and mc6000 for a long time. Took a hard look at my needs and my budget and settled with the DX. Good luck buddy!
    +1