Root directory reset to defautlt value (Mac)

Default Root directory reset to defautlt value (Mac)

Ok,
    Background:
    I was trying to get music to show up on Traktor from an external hard drive. I tried listing it under root directory (replacing something else i forgot what) and then it said you had to restart.

So I restarted and I get a message saying:
    Could not initialize Traktor with root directory set to "New Volume". Reset root directory to default value

I did my research on past forums but they are all for Traktor Pro and not for Traktor Scratch Pro 2. So idk if its different or not. Anyways does anybody know how to fix this??

Running Mac OS X Lion right now (the newest operating system)

amidoinitrite

Quote Originally Posted by DJZEchevarria View Post
    Ok,
    Background:
    I was trying to get music to show up on Traktor from an external hard drive. I tried listing it under root directory (replacing something else i forgot what) and then it said you had to restart.

So I restarted and I get a message saying:
    Could not initialize Traktor with root directory set to "New Volume". Reset root directory to default value

I did my research on past forums but they are all for Traktor Pro and not for Traktor Scratch Pro 2. So idk if its different or not. Anyways does anybody know how to fix this??

Running Mac OS X Lion right now (the newest operating system)
    Root = user/documents/Native Instruments/TraktorX.X.X init?

Default mac external drive

I just upgraded (or down graded) from a PC to MacBook Pro, OS Lion. The problem I found is that Traktor needs to import and store each song "prior" to playing live. This is done by "analysing" each track, using the Traktor menu options that initiate the process. Otherwise you run into the problem of each song not being recognized. My entire collection 18,000 songs took 1.1 day to complete running nonstop Traktor, import, analysis of all tracks (could take time depending upon amount of music). Once done, check this location: /Users/fill in this area with your cpu/Documents/Native Instruments/collection.nml. I made a copy of this file and stored it somewhere else on my harddrive to ensure that my entire Traktor Mac catalog of music isn't lost.