Problem caused by mini firewire port?

Default Problem caused by mini firewire port?

So i was doing a gig last night (first one since iv been away at college) and Trakor Pro locked up on me. This use to happen before when i was useing 3.4. Now alot of things have changed since iv been using pro (new soundcard/ isolated os) However this same problem came up. I wanted to see if any of you have had problems with using the small firewire jack on your laptops?
    Dj Krilikz‡ -

what soundcard and what laptop?

I have had zero issues with my 4 pin firewire port on my older dell 700m laptop and my firebox.

try to find out what firewire chipset your laptop has and see if there are any known issues with it and the soundcard that you use.
    We don't believe in the star system. We want the focus to be on the music. If we have to create an image, it must be an artificial image. That combination hides our physicality and also shows our view of the star system. It is not a compromise-daftpunk

Dell ispirion 1720 and a firebox. I have yet to find anything directly related...google has failed me... lol. Its driving me crazy cause i dont know whats wrong and im running out of things to try.
    Dj Krilikz‡ -

Do you get the same issue when you physically pull out the cable and put it back in ?

If so then its probably a cable issue - id get a expresscard firewire adapter cuz 4 pin is horrible.

I actually have the exact same computer and the exact same soundcard - my problem was that the bloody 4pin would fall out all the time, so i bought the expresscard.

I got one of the Expresscard adapters for my machine because I couldn't get the built-in FW to work for ages. The adapter itself was a "slim" Expresscard and while it worked, everytime something touched it, it would pop out/eject. Eventually got the built-in one to work and yep, the cable also pops out every once in a while but with the Expresscard, it was *a lot* worse. Man, I just wish I had a Macbooc with a 6pin

Quote Originally Posted by Mat View Post
    I got one of the Expresscard adapters for my machine because I couldn't get the built-in FW to work for ages. The adapter itself was a "slim" Expresscard and while it worked, everytime something touched it, it would pop out/eject. Eventually got the built-in one to work and yep, the cable also pops out every once in a while but with the Expresscard, it was *a lot* worse. Man, I just wish I had a Macbooc with a 6pin
    my expresscard fell out about 3 or 4 times over a span of a few months - i wrapped some masking tape around that sucker to make the card a bit fatter and it hasnt left my computer since i did that. Sounds a bit dodgy but it works awesomely and the tape cant be seen from the outside do it doesnt look like crap either. You might want to try the same - just grab some wide masking tape and keep wrapping it around until you get a nice snug fit.