Anyone else own a Tonium Pacemaker?
    Tech Mentor

Default Anyone else own a Tonium Pacemaker?

For those who don't know... http://www.pacemaker.net/device/

I really do love my Pacemaker. I've even played with it in a club, twice... it worked just fine. I mostly use my Pacemaker when on long travels... it really helped melt away a large chunk of my 12 hour flight when going to China.

But I've really been disappointed that Tonium hasn't even said a peep in almost 2 years regarding any form of software or firmware update. Does anyone else have one of these amazing devices?

I've tried a few of the iOS all in one solutions (eg, not a Traktor Controller via iOS), but the interfaces are just not as smooth or intuitive... also helps that the Pacemaker does have two outputs (for monitor and main).

Tech Wizard

Yeah I still have mine. #175 (marked box) out of the 2000 first shipped 120 gb promo models, but I've put a 32gb ssd in it, maybe a year and a half ago.

Cool device, and the leaked latest beta firmware is pretty sweet too.

Tech Mentor

I'm one of the original 2000 120GB units too.

But wait... SSD? Leaked Beta Firmware? Go on...

Tech Wizard

As for swapping the HDD out, just screw the Pacemaker open and insert a standard 1.8" ZIF PATA SSD.

The beta firmware version number is 16219, and you should hopefully find more info here: http://pacemakerdj.46.forumer.com/vi...c.php?f=1&t=98

Dam i remember when they first came out. Quiet surprised they didnt make a second version. I should of bought one at the time. Do they sell them anymore??

Edit: dug this link out of an old thread might be of interest:

http://pacemakerdj.46.forumer.com/vi...&t=36&start=10
    Last edited by michaeldunne109; 08-07-2011 at 06:49 PM.
    I play everything Indie/ Rock/ HipHop/ Cheese/ Electro/ Dubstep and anything that sounds good

Tsp 1.7/ Tsp 2/ Sony vaio Win 7 4gb Ram / Macbook Pro 13 inch (Main machine) /vci 100 se/ mixdeck/ audio 8/ technics rph headphones/ Custom xBox Controller/ Akai Lpd8

Tech Wizard

You can get them on eBay.

Hasnt the ipad taken over, or is it down to the two outputs?

Tech Wizard

Uhm, they're entirely different devices?

Tech Mentor

@BFLY. 2 outputs is the #1 advantage of the Pacemaker. But the interface is just so intuitive. I haven't found a good iPad or iOS DJ app that could compete with the Pacemaker... let alone the lack of 2 outputs.

They did make a second generation unit, but the only difference was it came with a 60GB HDD instead of the 120GB... but I've never even gotten close to filling my 120, and would had been fine with smaller. I've seen them for sale at few online music shops, amazon lists them, and of course eBay.

I'll check out that site about the custom firmware. Thanks for the info.

Tech Wizard

They called it a second generation device, but the hardware is identical. It is only scaled down in the way that it came with a 60gb drive (those 120gb drives were pretty expensive back in the days) and they did away with all the accessories save for the usb cable, and you could do without most of them but the lack of charger in the box would annoy me.

Remember there ARE bugs with the firmware, which are not present in the latest (and probably final) stable release. Luckily it is possible to downgrade the firmware.