FX setup
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: FX setup

SamMc

Default FX setup

I've jst received my SE overlay and uploaded the latest 1.6 midi mappings.
    However the FX work nothing like the video shows or the overlay labels indicate.

For instance you can't select the type of FX being used as the buttons describe, and the Deck A and B sections are not divided as on the overlay...very confusing and not like Ean's video.

I'm running 1.2 firmware...Can anyone shine any light on this?

Also I don't understand what the Filter buttons are for if the filters are assigned to the knobs...?

Tech Wizard

Hello

I think you will require the 1,3 firmware if you want the vci to behave like an SE. the updated firmware allows a knob/fader to be multiple functional. I think thats why you having the FX issues.

Hope i helped

Tech Mentor

Also, the firmware 1.3 must seperate the button under param 3 knob so it's not linked to other buttons (not a bug, just stoopid, imo)

SamMc

So the 1.3 firmware is essential for the VCi 100 to function as the SE layout indicates - even the standard Deck A and B FX Banks?
    If this is the case, once the 1.3 firmware is installed will it all function correctly on loading the v1.6 mappings or will further adjustment be required?

I just want the A and B FX Banks to operate simply as Eans video shows, i.e the knobs adjust speed and Mix, and the buttons select the type of fx...at the moment when running the v1.6 mapping the knobs and buttons do something completely different.

Also, please can someone confirm what the function is of the FILTER buttons next to the FILTER knobs?
    Last edited by SamMc; 02-21-2009 at 04:03 PM.

Tech Wizard

Hey there,

If you are keeping your 1.2 firmware you will have to make some adjustments to you mapping as this particular firmware will not assign Knobs/Faders to 'multi' function like an SE.
    You will need to go into Midi mapping and make the adjustments to certain things you want Faders/Knobs to do.

If you are going to update your firmware to 1.3 see below.
    (i have tried to lay out the thread as easy as i could but if unsure go straight to this thread after reading on) DOWNLOAD VCI100SE TKS FILES HERE TRAKTOR 3.4

When the firm ware is updated to 1.3 and you are using Traktor 3.4 please use below, then it will match to Ean's vids.

VCI-100 SE TKS Version 1.4 (TT- Style) PLEASE USE THIS ONE
    http://www.djtechtools.com/wp-conten...4_tt_style.tks
    http://www.djtechtools.com/wp-conten...t_styletks.zip

This one fixes all known bugs including the pitch down not working on deck B when loop is on.

If you are going to use Traktor Pro use this, best bet is go to the thread to sign up for the TSI if you have not done so already. Download VCI100SE TSI (TRAKTOR PRO)

Step 1: Download Version 1_4.20
    http://www.djtechtools.com/wp-conten..._1_4_20tsi.zip
    http://www.djtechtools.com/wp-conten...0se_1_4_20.tsi

Step 2: Sign Up on the Beta List
    by clicking HERE

Members of this email list will receive:
    notification when updates are made to this basic TSI
    new beta versions including the current 1_6 which has a lot of great features that are designed for the new overlays (due in late march)
    Discount offers on overlays

Differences From the Traktor 3 Version:
    The FX section loads groups of FX not single FX so use it in chained mode
    Number 5 cue point on the jog wheels has been removed
    Deck C changes all controls to deck's C/D
    UP/DOWN list scroll enters browser mode- to exit load a track or press deck copy.

Settings you will need to load.
    if you are new to traktor load all available settings including audio,midi,fX
    if you are not then only load midi as the others will overwrite your settings

Hope i have helped
    Last edited by CRA1G; 02-21-2009 at 06:17 PM.

Tech Guru

I have VCI-100 FW 1.2.

Also what should the fx be set at in the decka and deckb?
    - should I be using TSI 1.4 or 1.6?

I want to upgrade the firmware but not in stock.
    VCI-100 Black SE/ FW 1.3 / VCI-300
    Traktor Pro 1.1.2 / Serato Itch / SL3 / Ableton Live 7
    Korg NanoKontrol / KRK V4's
    NI Audio 8 Dj / Pioneer DJM-600
    Macbook 13"/ 2ghz

SamMc

I think it might be better to use v1.4 mappings until you get the 1.3 firmware. That's what I'm going to do. I hope the firmware is back in stock soon!

Does anyone know - if you upgrade the firmware on a PC (the only option) will the new firmware work with in conjunction with a MAC?

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by SamMc View Post
    I think it might be better to use v1.4 mappings until you get the 1.3 firmware. That's what I'm going to do. I hope the firmware is back in stock soon!

Does anyone know - if you upgrade the firmware on a PC (the only option) will the new firmware work with in conjunction with a MAC?
    When you upgrade the firmware on the vci it will work with a PC or MAC no problem, the update in firmware just allows multiple midi messages to be supplied to a fader/knob/button. In other words the vci 100 SE

Hope this helps
    Last edited by CRA1G; 02-25-2009 at 08:10 AM.

SamMc

Thanks Gra1g

Tech Wizard

No problem hope i helped

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast