Bass Feedback

Thread: Bass Feedback

Default Bass Feedback

So I've hooked up my traktor S4 using the RCA cables to an amplifier and connected that amplifier using the binding posts to two speakers. Whenever I play songs with real heavy bass theres this weird bass feedback that comes through. Could getting an eq mixer help this problem???

Sounds like speaker placement. How high and how far from the wall do you have the speakers mounted?
    Beats By Dre is like audio flu for your balls.

The speakers are on the floor. I was reading that wood floors cause this feedback as well. One speaker is on the wall the other is like a foot away from the wall. Do you think if I elevate the speakers and move them closer to the wall that the problem may stop?

Also, if I am looking to upgrade my speakers as the ones I am currently using are like twenty years old. Do you think a combination of a Behringer Inuke 1000 watt amplifier along with two Behringer 600 watt (max power) speakers, would do the trick? And would I need anything else to make sure it all sounds really good?

how big of a place are you playing?

i have two Behringer B215D active 550 watt PA's and they rock. inside (house), i never crank em over 20% and they sound fantastic. did a gig outside last thurs, cranked em to 50% and the mains on the s4 at 50% and they covered a massive field (with a ton of people/ bouncy houses and shit) pretty well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xonetacular View Post
    Ya I've heard one song. It's called Skrillex.
    13" Macbook - 256gb SSD, 750gb HDD, 8gb Ram ❘ DDJ-SX | HDJ-2000
    Kontrol Z1 | Midifighter 3D | Kontrol X1

Im gonna try to set them up on a big balcony, outside. The sound would probably have to cover about 250 square feet. What do you think of the new Inuke amps?

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

You shouldn't be getting "feedback" assuming its just the S4 delivering sound. Turntables and Mics cause feedback due to the Frequency's being re-transmitted back though the tonearm or Mic.

Do you have anything else hooked up ?

If its just Sound Reflection try setting up the Speakers on an elevated platform or "spikes" and see if that improves things, is the bass end getting distorted at all on the heavy bass songs (if you are right in front of them).

Also are you using just tops or sub & top's .. if its just tops they should be elevated - Could be your driving them to hard and need subs.

What kind of speakers are they anyhows? Brand new Behringers would be no real improvement on a decent set of 802's or Sx300's.

Yeah the bass gets distorted when I am right in front of them with songs that are really heavy on bass. And currently the turntable isnt plugged into my s4. They are twenty year old sony speakers. haha. The speakers are tops i believe. I'm gonna try elevating them. Thanks for your help.

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

If they are Sony's then they are most likely just full range hi-fi speakers, nothing to do with the position, higher will not improve distortion.

You're just giving them more than they can handle and risk permanently damaging them - there are some great 20 year old Sony studio monitors.

The Behringers will improve things for ya as they are designed for higher sound levels - if you are really pushing the Bass get a sub though.