VCI-100SE v4 Mapping for Traktor Pro 2 - Page 13
Page 13 of 34 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast
    Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by EtriX View Post
    Done that and it increases the amount of pitch changed within the small span but the fader still doesn't move the full range of the software slider.

So if I max the slider on the VCI it only moves slightly in Traktor.
    Yeah I've got that, just gotta try to not look at it I guess.

What I find anoying is using the jogwheel and pitch fader at the same time gives me crazy BPMs, moving whatever I'm mixing way out of time.

I think both issues have more to do with the 1.4 firmware than the mapping though.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedrotax View Post
    Hi, thanks for all the mappings, all perfectly work except for the sample autoplay feature. I tried every single one and still cannot get my head around it. I play the track, loop it, press the appropriate buttons according to deck A or B, but it doesn't pause no matter how long I wait and the samples don't play. I've seen this issue in previous pages, but there seems to be no solution. I've got 1.4 and traktor 2, and all the other features work perfectly!
    Bump, Need help on this one please!
    Traktor Pro 2 | Macbook Pro 15" i7 | Kontrol S4 | MidiFighter Classic | Perseverance

Coming up soon: brand new Soundcloud and Mixcloud.

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Draught View Post
    Also has anyone had the master volume suddenly change to a very low value during sets? I can't recreate this but it has happened twice. I Can't remember which mapping it was in unfortunately.
    It did this again to me whilst I was just mashing the cue button to time my drop. All I did was press it in time with the beat 4 or 5 times and the master volume went real low. I always do this so it seems this glitch only happens very rarely.

Do you guys think this is a mapping thing or another issue?

EDIT - I don't think this is a mapping problem anymore
    Last edited by Dr Draught; 09-13-2011 at 01:21 AM.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Draught View Post
    It did this again to me whilst I was just mashing the cue button to time my drop. All I did was press it in time with the beat 4 or 5 times and the master volume went real low. I always do this so it seems this glitch only happens very rarely.

Do you guys think this is a mapping thing or another issue?
    My guess is that the tiny master volume knob (top right corner on the VCI) moves a little bit due to the vibration. It then sends a midi message to traktor and sets the master volume to the "selected" amount. In your case the hardware knob must have been at a way lower setting than the software.
    If I'm right, it should be enough to calibrate the knob when starting traktor. Just set the master volume with the hardware knob to the prefered amount. That way hardware and software match and a small knob movement doesn't set the volume do an arbitrary amount.

Quote Originally Posted by kevinmcq View Post
    woop woop thanks for doing that real quick.. noticed one bug though.. looks like the code to make the volume fader turn FX unit 1 and 2 on and off are still in there... if unit 1 is off on the left, you activate fader fx, and move the volume fader, unit 1 activates, when the fader is returned to the full position, fx unit 1 turns off... same thing happens on the left side with fx unit 2
    that's intentional. 4.0 does it that way and I think it's quite clever.

PS: I fixed an issue in my mapping. check out my earlier post for the updated version
    Last edited by klaemo; 09-11-2011 at 05:50 AM.

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by klaemo View Post
    that's intentional. 4.0 does it that way and I think it's quite clever.

PS: I fixed an issue in my mapping. check out my earlier post for the updated version
    clever as it might be it is a big problem that FX are turned off with no real way to turn them back on besides doing it with a mouse click (which if you're like me, won't be feasible if you're using a layout that hides the mixer knobs)

thanks for putting in the extra effort but i'm going back to 3.6.4 and hoping the LED bugs get fixed... honestly i'd be happy if flashflooder released a 3.7 version that had the LED's fixed and converted the old sampler function to use T2's new sample thing (not the sample deck, the other thing.. i hope that makes sense)... i've realized that i'm more interested in having 4 track decks than any sample decks so i guess this is the end of the line for me

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by flashflooder View Post
    No updates on this issue. Are you using fw1.4? I left all of the fw1.3 commands in the mapping but didn't test in on an older VCI-100.
    Thanks for the reply! I am on 1.3. I will try re-importing.
    GPS of Fresh Wet Paint | "Always Fresh n' Sticky"
    DJEditorHugger

Fresh Wet Paint: Facebook | Twitter | Soundcloud | Site
    GPS: Facebook | Twitter | Soundcloud

Tech Guru

Edit: i saw that half are labled for firmware 1.4.

my platters still are not controlling tempo bend when i rotate them though (midi signals are being sent)
    Last edited by GPS; 09-13-2011 at 05:57 PM.
    DJEditorHugger

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by MGF5150 View Post
    will there be a new over-lay?
    And when will the standard overlay be back in stock?
    Thanks!
    Hey there, so was is happening finally with regards to an overlay... there was a facebook vote page set up, what were the results, is a new overlay happening?

cheers from UKland.

Finally updated Traktor and issue is solved.

Goddamit it's such a blast! The mixing speed you can achieve with this mapping is ridiculous. Once you get the automatism, your mix just never gets empty. as soon as you have a lonely beat, throw in the samples from previous songs, show off beatmashing skills until drop comes and BOUM.
    Traktor Pro 2 | Macbook Pro 15" i7 | Kontrol S4 | MidiFighter Classic | Perseverance

Coming up soon: brand new Soundcloud and Mixcloud.

Tech Guru

No matter how many times i download and re-import (after deleting it). the knob that controls how much of the master and cued track does into your headphones is controlling the tempo fader for deck A.......
    DJEditorHugger