On the download page of this mapping there is only low resolution controller image and I can't read all the buttons. For example 3.6.4 mapping has high resolution image included in it's package. Can v4 hi res image also be included in it's package? Does anybody have this image and can share it?
Hey guys, i was wondering if i have to remove the previous overlay from VCI-100 SE before applying v4 overlay which i'd like to purchase. Or can i just apply it on the old one? If not, what is the best way to take the old overlay out? Thank you...
You can layer them on top...
To remove it...
well as an old pro skateboarder that has to remove stickers from boards, as well as tenacious grip tape from delicate fiberglass expensive Turner Summer Ski racing slalom skateboard decks.... as well as stomp pads from snowboards...
I do this..
1. I leave the VCI-100 in the Sun to soften the old glue up.
(too cold...it's Winter time??- Use a hair dryer on medium to soften the glue..NOT HIGH- or the glue gets too goopy and you could damage something)
2. I try to peel as much off in as large pieces as possible (you must pull the old sticker very slowly and steady- pull too hard or try to make it peel too fast and it will tear)- and BIG HINT ...pull the old sticker back upon itself - instead of pulling straight up. I take a pair of needle nose pliers and open them up and then cover each of the metal tips with electrical tape to prevent the possibility of scratching your VCI-100.
Once you get off the big pieces ...
3. Use the goo gone sticker remover kit tool (It's plastic and fantastic at doing it's job) to start the left over pieces and then grab those smaller pieces with the needle nose pliers and slowly "roll up" the sticker onto the pliers..every so often unrolling a bit and clipping it shorter with scissors. This goes very fast. Plastic paint tools are too big and clumsy..they work but it is too easy to slip with them and bend a fader. You can also let your fingernails grow longer for 2 weeks before and go "Wolverine" on it and trim your nails afterwards.
Keep a garbage close by to toss the strips in- if you put them down..a dog or person will track them everywhere.
You should have the sticker off in 5-10 minutes.
4.Then I use the sticker remover fluid and the plastic tool to scrape off the rest of the glue (PITA)- taking care not to let any fall into the faders by putting folded paper napkin inside + scotch tape over the slit.
5. CAVEAT: YOU MAY SKIP THIS STEP. The new Overlay will stick on the old glue just fine.. but if you want it like new... bumpless....
After the sticker is off - you will have some glue left stuck on your VCI-100... I use a blast of "Auto Starter fluid (Petroleum Ether) " - SPRAY ON A COARSE RAG NOT DIRECTLY ON THE VCI-100
DO THIS OUTSIDE,DO THIS OUTSIDE,DO THIS OUTSIDE,DO THIS OUTSIDE,DO THIS OUTSIDE,DO THIS OUTSIDE,DO THIS OUTSIDE,DO THIS OUTSIDE,DO THIS OUTSIDE,DO THIS OUTSIDE, .
- WITHOUT ANY OPEN FLAMES OR PILOT LIGHTS OR EVEN A LIGHT SWITCH NEARBY. IT IS SUPER EXPLOSIVE.. DO NOT DECIDE TO HAVE A "420 BREAK" WHILE DOING THIS. orrrrr BOOOOOOM!
and you might will end like Richard Pryor.
6. To strip off the goo gone residue. You can also hit it with Windex a couple of times and then rubbing alcohol. Or acetone followed by rubbing alcohol.
So 5-10 minutes of work..and you'll have a naked VCI-100 just begging for a new sticker.
THE LAST SOLVENTS ARE TO REMOVE THE GOO GONE WHICH WILL PREVENT A NEW OVERLAY FROM ADHERING WELL.
7. Don't try to save the overlays....I have never gotten them off in one piece. If you do want to reuse them.... You could just remove part of the wax paper in a few key areas.... so you would be able to swap them..
I liked the V3 version myself , and wished I had done that when I applied it as I bought V4 and never got the hang of that one and bought another V3.
But hey....I bought the EG-VCI-400 soon after it came out, and went back to the smaller form factor of the VCI-100 which for me played better....I guess because I like the size... I would like to add a Midi fighter and iPad to it someday- but I like the essentials all packed in close on the VCI-100.
I wonder if a V5 sticker will come out one day.
Maybe someone will "sticky" my sticker removal post..lol.
Last edited by Golden Ears; 01-27-2013 at 12:55 AM.
Thanks so much for an excellent tutorial, Golden Ears
I have the last version of traktor with a vci-100 that i upgraded with 1.4 firmware , with this mapping my jogwheels aren't working , any idea how to fix it ?