VCI-100SE v4 Mapping for Traktor Pro 2 - Page 5
Page 5 of 34 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Thumbs up

The mapping is much appreciated flashflooder! DJTT is still suporting us VCI heads which is great news

I have no problem mapping myself, but the only thing stopping me from messing with the DJTT mappings was the stupid little mapping screen in traktor :eek: when are they gonna sort that out
    I got really excited when i found a new app for traktor mapping duties (see my original thread here http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/showthread.php?t=34552) but its only for mac (i hate apple, but im not getting into that argument) and it sounds like its not quite there yet anyway, but why should people have to write their own software to map a program they have already paid good money for? NI software is so good in so many ways, yet the little things like the mapping window totally let the whole thing down (rant over, sorry.... )
    PC i5 4690k, Win 7 64bit, 8gb ram, Audio4 DJ, Vestax VCI-100, Technics SL1200mk2's, Numark CDX, Vestax VCI-100, Behringer DDM4000, Stanton SK6, Korg Kaoss pad 2, Novation Bass station, Yamaha RY30, Akai SG01v, Lexicon Vortex, Art FXR, Akai LPD8, Maschine mk2, Roland TB-3.

Quote Originally Posted by Gianmarco View Post
    Before I download, this does work on firmmware 1.3 right?
    It should work fine. I'm still on 1.3 and it's working fine for me except for the couple of "issues" I posted about earlier with some of the FX settings in Fader FX mode.

All of the new features work as expected and I went through as many of the old functionality as I could and all worked as well.
    MacBook Pro 2.4GHz Core i7 :: Mac OS X Mountain Lion 10.10.5
    Traktor Pro 2.9 :: Launchpad :: MIDI Fighter Pro Beatmasher/3D

Awesome!!! Thanks for continuing to support this awesome DJ tool.

Tech Convert

Thank you very much flashflooder for your work

Just as other people have said, it's not perfect with VCI-100 SE (without arcade button version), the LED don't light now (before with last version it's ok, just a little fix with LED play button don't stay ON when we press this button)

And another thing : I like the Loop choice with FX Knobs of before version.
    Now it's for sample deck. Ok good idea too. But it's sad to lost the loop direct set. I know, the VCI 100 is too little for many function.
    But is it possible to the futur, a button who give the choice with FX Knobs between Loop or sample Deck ? there will be a great idea for the little nice VCI 100 I think, no ?

Thank

Tech Wizard

I agree, loosing the knobs for controlling loop length it's not so good...I'm starting to test the mapping now.

I believe their was a poll posted a while ago which showed the majority of people (who voted on the poll) don't use the loop length features, which is perhaps why they chose to replace them with sample deck functionality. It's been very well implemented too flashflooder. Nice work.

Hi,

I'm trying out the new mapping for my VCI-100SE with v1.4 firmware and v2.01 of Traktor Pro as I am thinking about switching back from Serato. As I am just getting into the whole mapping thing, I am trying out things a littlie at a time.

So far so good but the only thing I am having a problem with is the way the pitch controls are working. When I boot up Traktor and the VCI-100Se, the pitch controls are centered and the pitch percentage is 0%. When I play a track and move either pitch control up(+), the pitch percentage goes up well over 8%. If the pitch control is moved down(-), the pitch percentage goes down to .5%.

What I want to do is change this so that when the pitch control is centered, the pitch percentage always goes to 0%. When the pitch control is moved in either direction, the pitch control can go no higher than 8%(for example). In other words, I want to set up the pitch controls the same way that they are set up on the Technics 1200s(as an example).

Can anybody explain how this can be done? When I have solved this problem, I'll continue to explore the new software and mappings in order to decide if and when I will switch back.

Thanks in advance,

Atrain01us

Tech Guru

For some reason my Mix Knob for my headphones (the small one next to the headphone level knob) is controlling the tempo fader for deck A (i had this issue with the previous mapping recently).

To be more specific, when i turn the knob all the way to its right side, it move the fader up (slowing down the track) and the same vice versa. It even sets it back to middle when i shift+center it.

Let me know how i can fix this.

Thanks!
    GPS of Fresh Wet Paint | "Always Fresh n' Sticky"
    DJEditorHugger

Fresh Wet Paint: Facebook | Twitter | Soundcloud | Site
    GPS: Facebook | Twitter | Soundcloud

Quote Originally Posted by atrain01us View Post
    So far so good but the only thing I am having a problem with is the way the pitch controls are working. When I boot up Traktor and the VCI-100Se, the pitch controls are centered and the pitch percentage is 0%. When I play a track and move either pitch control up(+), the pitch percentage goes up well over 8%. If the pitch control is moved down(-), the pitch percentage goes down to .5%.

What I want to do is change this so that when the pitch control is centered, the pitch percentage always goes to 0%. When the pitch control is moved in either direction, the pitch control can go no higher than 8%(for example). In other words, I want to set up the pitch controls the same way that they are set up on the Technics 1200s(as an example).

Can anybody explain how this can be done? When I have solved this problem, I'll continue to explore the new software and mappings in order to decide if and when I will switch back.
    I think someone already mentioned this earlier in the thread, but I'll answer it anyway. I'm not sure what the technical reason is for this.

The way the pitch controls are mapped, they go from 0% to +16% as opposed to -8% to +8%. I've never figured out how to change this. So, you can either raise your pitch faders all the way up before starting Traktor so that the faders pitch correctly or before you actually start doing anything in Traktor, hold Shift and move the pitch faders to the center position to realign them. Then they should work as expected.
    MacBook Pro 2.4GHz Core i7 :: Mac OS X Mountain Lion 10.10.5
    Traktor Pro 2.9 :: Launchpad :: MIDI Fighter Pro Beatmasher/3D

Will their be a new overlay? i Hope so....
    Check out my...
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/glenboarder99
    http://soundcloud.com/glenboarder99
    Quote Originally Posted by sarasin View Post
    Then you are golden....like Ean Golden.

Page 5 of 34 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast