VCI-100SE v4 Mapping for Traktor Pro 2 - Page 6
Page 6 of 34 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by gingerman View Post
    The mapping is much appreciated flashflooder! DJTT is still suporting us VCI heads which is great news

I have no problem mapping myself, but the only thing stopping me from messing with the DJTT mappings was the stupid little mapping screen in traktor :eek: when are they gonna sort that out
    I got really excited when i found a new app for traktor mapping duties (see my original thread here http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/showthread.php?t=34552) but its only for mac (i hate apple, but im not getting into that argument) and it sounds like its not quite there yet anyway, but why should people have to write their own software to map a program they have already paid good money for? NI software is so good in so many ways, yet the little things like the mapping window totally let the whole thing down (rant over, sorry.... )
    +1 on the mapping window, not the other software, cuz i have a mac

Really great effort, im excited but have one question from your document that i cant get it to work correctly

• If you press the labeled "A" & "B" buttons in the "Sample" section and there is not currently a sample loaded into that slot, it will copy the current loop from Deck A (or a loop based on the current loop length setting) into the corresponding Sample Slot in Deck D and as you let go of the button (wait to see the button LED light up first, it only takes a split second) it should seamlessly pause Deck A and unpause the Sample slot

Mine doesn't seamless pause the deck.... it loads the smaple from a into the slot but it doesnt play automaticly... what am i doing wrong? i can play it when loaded only the auto-play doesnt play

hopefully you take the time to explain it to me.

thank and keep up the good work!!!

Great job man. Had alot of fun messing around with it my first hour. Def makes tp2 alot more fun to use with the vci 100. Got my fingers crossed for a overlay. even if its just vinyl or something.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by atrain01us View Post
    Hi,

I'm trying out the new mapping for my VCI-100SE with v1.4 firmware and v2.01 of Traktor Pro as I am thinking about switching back from Serato. As I am just getting into the whole mapping thing, I am trying out things a littlie at a time.

So far so good but the only thing I am having a problem with is the way the pitch controls are working. When I boot up Traktor and the VCI-100Se, the pitch controls are centered and the pitch percentage is 0%. When I play a track and move either pitch control up(+), the pitch percentage goes up well over 8%. If the pitch control is moved down(-), the pitch percentage goes down to .5%.

What I want to do is change this so that when the pitch control is centered, the pitch percentage always goes to 0%. When the pitch control is moved in either direction, the pitch control can go no higher than 8%(for example). In other words, I want to set up the pitch controls the same way that they are set up on the Technics 1200s(as an example).

Can anybody explain how this can be done? When I have solved this problem, I'll continue to explore the new software and mappings in order to decide if and when I will switch back.

Thanks in advance,

Atrain01us
    when you boot up traktor you need to hold shift and move then pitch sliders and the centralize them.once you've done it they should work properly.you need to do this every time you start the program.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Solesurvivor View Post
    Really great effort, im excited but have one question from your document that i cant get it to work correctly

• If you press the labeled "A" & "B" buttons in the "Sample" section and there is not currently a sample loaded into that slot, it will copy the current loop from Deck A (or a loop based on the current loop length setting) into the corresponding Sample Slot in Deck D and as you let go of the button (wait to see the button LED light up first, it only takes a split second) it should seamlessly pause Deck A and unpause the Sample slot

Mine doesn't seamless pause the deck.... it loads the smaple from a into the slot but it doesnt play automaticly... what am i doing wrong? i can play it when loaded only the auto-play doesnt play

hopefully you take the time to explain it to me.

thank and keep up the good work!!!
    im experiencing the same.sure its something im doing wrong though.also im trying to record crossfader movements and pitchy stuff aswell but am just getting the original what was playing.i changed the input to cue???.

Solution found for the auto-play in the sample decks!

Deck D has to be activated first by pressing "Deck D" then i had to double-tap play so all the sample-dack playbuttons light up.... then the autoplay works pretty perfect!

After i deselect the sample, i have to double-tap again to light all 4 play-buttons again

Hope to helped more people with this

Quote Originally Posted by Solesurvivor View Post

It seems that in order for the sample to transition seamlessly the track needs to be properly beat gridded and snap needs to be activated. Quantize may be needed as well but I have not fully proven this yet.

If people seem to find any patterns please post them here. When I tested it on tracks I know were properly beat gridded and using Snap & Quantize it worked fine.

You also need to make sure that you hold the empty sample slot button long enough for the button to light up to signify that the sample has been loaded (this takes maybe a second) so when you release it will stop the track and start the sample. If you press the button really quickly, you may not trigger the track pause and sample play commands which are activated on the up press of the button.
    Macbook Pro|Traktor Pro 2|VCI-400SE|MF3D|V-Moda LP2's
    soundcloud.com/flashflooder |flashflooder.wordpress.com | facebook page | twitter

Quote Originally Posted by calvin01 View Post
    im experiencing the same.sure its something im doing wrong though.also im trying to record crossfader movements and pitchy stuff aswell but am just getting the original what was playing.i changed the input to cue???.
    Moving a loop into the Sampler Deck D by using the "Control FX" Sampler section will only record the output of the deck playing and will not copy any manipulation of the deck, effects, crossfader movements, etc.

If you want to record a loop of a deck while manipulating it (e.g. crossfader and pitchy stuff) you will want to use the Loop Recorder and set the Loop Rec input (Main, Cue, etc) appropriately before doing so.
    Macbook Pro|Traktor Pro 2|VCI-400SE|MF3D|V-Moda LP2's
    soundcloud.com/flashflooder |flashflooder.wordpress.com | facebook page | twitter

Tech Student

First off, great mapping. I'm having heaps of fun, and everything (more or less) works perfectly.

I have run into a couple of issues though. The echo freeze button no longer functions. I assume this is to do with the remapping of the FX decks. Does anyone have any advice? any help would be greatly appreciated.

Angus

Tech Student

The echo button was mapped as gater instead of delay for me, maybe you have the same problem

Page 6 of 34 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast