Led options in TPro
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Led options in TPro

hi there,
    Does somebody know what hapens if you change the parameters of the leds.
    in my tsi file (Vci-100) sometimes "min" is set to 1 or 0.
    and"max" is set to 1 or 7.

what does invert and blend?
    If I play around with these parameters nothing changes?!
    Also couldn't find some documentation.
    Last edited by Anthony More; 02-22-2009 at 05:48 AM.
    Macbookpro 2.4 i5 4gb
    Traktor Pro 1.2.6.
    Black VCI-100 Mod firmware 1.3
    Presonus Firebox

Default blink with the beat!

here's a trick you could use;

Quote Originally Posted by cheft View Post
    -To have a Led light blink with the beat:

1.Click "Add"
    2.Select "Output"
    3.Click on Beat Phase Monitor
    4.Assign the deck
    5.Select the corresponding CC
    hope this helps!

lol i just realised i haven't really answered any of the questions you had.

i remember reading from somewhere that the value for l.e.d. is only effective when used with multi-coloured l.e.d., and the value is supposed to determine which colour light the l.e.d. outputs.

like for example, blue is from 0-5, red is from 6-10, etc (i'm making these figures up btw!)

does this make sense?

I tried the blinking trick.
    Very nice! except for the fact that my vci almost turns in to a little
    christmas tree.
    about the value , I don't know.
    anyway thanks!
    Macbookpro 2.4 i5 4gb
    Traktor Pro 1.2.6.
    Presonus Firebox

Tech Mentor

LED Options (Control Type = Output)
    Most commonly a single LED is turned on by a software parameter.
    LEDs are identified by responding to a specific MIDI controller (CC#).
    Usually sending the controller with the value “0” turns the LED off while sending the controller with the value “127” turns the LED on.
    Some LEDs can light up in different intensities or colours depending on the value sent with the MIDI controller.
    Sometimes controllers have arrays of LEDs identified with a single MIDI controller.
    Such arrays light up progressively according to the value sent with the controller.

Controller Range: By default it shows the entire range the selected function has internally in TRAKTOR. The range of the software function is mapped onto the LED or LED range on the controller. Continuous ranges usually have a range from 0 to 1 where 0 represents the lowest and 1 the highest value. Lists of values usually have ranges such as 0, 1, 2, 3,… - each of the numbers representing one of the possible states. The range can be reduced to a sub range in order to select specific values or for zooming into a continuous range.

MIDI Range: The MIDI range of the LED can be customized. For example a coloured LED may require the value “64” to light up in green. In this case the MIDI Range must be limited to “0 – 64”.

Invert: Allows inverting the on/off states of the LED.

Blend: Used for continuously mapping ranges onto another (i.e when mapping the position of a fader onto a LED chain).When mapping two-state Status LEDs (ON/OFF) always turn the Blend option off.

Wow!
    Thanks Freakerz,
    This is a good info to understand the behaviour of the leds in TPro.
    Have to read it several times to translate it in dutch in my head.

Some modifiers outputs have a controller range of 0-7
    the rest is 0-1.
    Why should this not also be 0-1.
    Last edited by Anthony More; 02-22-2009 at 04:12 PM.
    Macbookpro 2.4 i5 4gb
    Traktor Pro 1.2.6.
    Presonus Firebox

Quote Originally Posted by freakerz View Post
    MIDI Range: The MIDI range of the LED can be customized. For example a coloured LED may require the value “64” to light up in green. In this case the MIDI Range must be limited to “0 – 64”.
    LOL that's the bit i read!

Tech Mentor

That's in the Manual of Traktor Pro by the way :P

Help > Open Manual

Quote Originally Posted by freakerz View Post
    That's in the Manual of Traktor Pro by the way :P

Help > Open Manual
    hehe i knew that thing was gonna be handy one day!

Here's an answer from my question on NI forum from
    Autonic.For some maybe valuable info.

Anthony More wrote:
    Hi there,
    Does somebody know what hapens if you change the parameters of the leds.
    in my tsi file (Vci-100) sometimes "min" is set to 1 or 0.
    and"max" is set to 1 or 7.

what is the function of invert and blend?
    If I play around with these parameters nothing changes?
    Also couldn't find some documentation.

Autonic wrote:
    I've torn my own hair over this also, and I have found 0 sources of information. (Neither officiall or unofficial)

This is how I've learnt to use the LED's controlling mechanisms regardless on how they are supposed to be used:
    (Since pretty intense google searching yielded 0 results on the matter, counting both official and unofficial sources)
    READ NO FURTHER IF YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND HOW MODIFIERS OR MACROS WORK

Controller Range is what decides in which states a LED sould light up/darken.
    Mostly I use it in combination with modifiers, but it can be used with regular midi commands also (and i assume it works the same way). Let's take a midi-macro involving some modifiers:

Let's say we have four identical buttons next to each other that each sends a different MIDI-note: A5, C5, E5 and F5.
    We decide that each button will activate an FX macro so that we have four FX "hotkeys".
    After we have set up the specific macros to each button we also want the buttons to show which FX button that's active.
    Now we assign a modifier to the first button-macro:

MODIFIER#1
    Interaction-mode: DIRECT
    Type of Controller: BUTTON
    Set to Value: 1

Then we use the "Duplicate" function in the MIDI-mapping window to duplicate this freshly created modifier but we add the following settings to it:

MODIFIER#1
    Interaction-Mode: OUTPUT
    Type of Controller: LED
    Controller-Range: min1 - max1
    Midi-Range: mix 0 - max 127

This means, that when the first effect button is pressed, the macro will load all of the settings to the effect box and then also set MODIFIER#1 to the given value: "1".
    Our second MODIFIER#1 function with Interaction-Mode: OUTPUT will control the led beneath the button.
    Controller-Range min1 - max1 tells us that this button will light up every time MODIFIER#1 has the value: "1".
    If Controller-Range would be set to: min1 - max2 - the button would light up every time MODIFIER#1 is set to the value "1" or "2".
    Controller-Range min1 - max7 would light up every time MODIFIER#1 has the value 1,2,3,4,5,6 or 7.

If you some time later were to use the MODIFIER#1 on some other part of your controller, for some completley other function, the FX-button described above would light up every time MODIFIER#1 had the value "1" set.

...and now, I'm waaaay off track. The reason for some midi-functions having min0 - max1 and others min0 - max8 is because of the different states that button can have. MIDI-functions, not counting the modifiers, has a limited number of states. The "Effect Unit 1 On" has for instance only two states: 0 or 1 - since the button either is on or off. If you take a look at the "Tempo" function however, it can range from:
    min0.000001 to max1.00000 which is... a hundred thousand different states.

The regular functions different states is NOT controlled by the modifier states however, but by themselves... If you take the "Volume"-function on the mixer for instance... it also has one hundred thousand states so if we were to set it:
    Controller-Range: min0.000001 - max0.000002 it would only light up when in the state 0.000001 or 0.000002 which is way to small of an increment for any regular slider to adjust (they only have 127 different states in most cases). However if we were to set it to:
    Controller-Range: min0.500000 - max1.000000 the button would light up after half of the volume fader's been cranked up. Now of course, a regular volume fader has no LED so this example would be pretty useless - but I hope you get the point.

The INVERT checkbox is for telling the button to light up EVERYTIME BUT the given settings. Our (pretty lame) slider example:
    Controller-Range: min0.500000 - max1.000000 - with the checkbox "INVERT" checked the button would light up ALL THE TIME except between 50% and 100%.
    (And this is highly theoretical since no sliders i know of have LED's equipped)

The BLEND checkbox does... well, I have no clue at all... sometimes when I do complex LED controlling or such, I get the result I want when I check it - but I have no clue as to what it's supposed to do.

Do like me - if something that should be working isn't, try the blend checkbox.

here is the link;
    http://www.native-instruments.com/fo...133#post496133
    Presonus Firebox

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast