Pioneer DJM 900 Nexus
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Pioneer DJM 900 Nexus

I'm highly considering buying one of these to be my external mixer and I was just wondering if I could get some input as to what owners think as well as those who have tried it out.

Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Illinoize View Post
    "Hey bro, you got any Skrillex? How about Deadmaufive?"
    http://www.mixcloud.com/robindore/

google, search function, etc, etc, etc.

Buy a DB4....hahahaha

only joking

Try You Tube for reviews, maybe Pioneer forum, NI etc.

You might be lucky someone on this forum may own one I'm not sure tho.
    2x Technics 1200's - Xone 92 -
    MidiFighter Classic x2 - TSP2 - Audio 10 - Black MacBook

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

There's only a handful of people on here that have the 900, in fact I can only think of one of the top of my head.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Thanks. I did some searching on here and didn't really find much but I just wanted to come here before I open up the floodgates of the world wide interwebs.

Default Pioneer DJM 900 Nexus

If you like pioneer mixers then naturally the 900 is a phenomenal mixer. I have it in one of the clubs I work at and used it for a show last weekend, got about 60 hrs on the thing. Considering not buying a s4 and just getting one of those. Can't really speak on midi for it though.

Its really a matter of personal preference as the upper tier of mixers are all vastly different. If you like the 800 then this is a pretty safe bet. What other mixers were you considering?

I really like the 800 and I was considering buying one of those but all the guitar centers around me only have used ones with knobs and other shit missing for over $1000 and I really don't feel like paying for 12+ knobs that each cost over $10 and faders that are $8. I've searched ebay and amazon but I'm just not a fan of buying used since I could end up paying more in the long run.

So then I was looking into A&H and I am a fan of them but what's keeping the 900 going for me is the fact that it's Traktor Scratch Certified and the effects section really does it for me.

So if I ended up buying a Xone 92 and an Audio 10, it would basically come to around the same price as a 900. And I found that Amazon sells them for $1699 new which is extremely tempting.
    Last edited by bobbylight; 08-10-2011 at 12:13 PM.

The built in audio interface is a big plus for me too (one of the things I love about the db4). The 92 and 900 are quite different... the big points of the 92 really are in the 4 band eq and the ability to use more than two TTs. If neither of those things matter to you, then go with the 900. The only mixer I'd take over a 900 personally is the db4 (never actually used a 68 or DJM2000, but neither appeal much to me), and obviously that price jump isn't for everyone. There's also the added benefit of the 900 popping up more and more in clubs, so you'll get to play on your native gear without lugging it around.

Quote Originally Posted by DigitalDevil View Post
    The built in audio interface is a big plus for me too (one of the things I love about the db4). The 92 and 900 are quite different... the big points of the 92 really are in the 4 band eq and the ability to use more than two TTs. If neither of those things matter to you, then go with the 900. The only mixer I'd take over a 900 personally is the db4 (never actually used a 68 or DJM2000, but neither appeal much to me), and obviously that price jump isn't for everyone. There's also the added benefit of the 900 popping up more and more in clubs, so you'll get to play on your native gear without lugging it around.
    Yea the price jump to a DB4 is quite a lot and I'll hate myself if I spent over 2 grand on a mixer and I'm not the biggest fan of how the DB4 looks. I much prefer the Xone 92 or the Xone 4D over the DB4. Thanks for your input; the more I research things like this and try to make a decision, the more I confuse myself and I sometimes need a second or third opinion to try and straighten myself out.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast