audio stereo setup
    Tech Mentor

Default audio stereo setup

I'm having trouble figuring out how to set up my system at home. This is how it is currently set up.

-Headphones are in headphone jack
    -Computer speakers plugged into Main out 1 using a 3.5mm/1/4" adapter

Preferences: Output master: 1: Out: Master Left and 2: Out: Master Right

My problem is I have sound coming out of my headphones and only the left speaker.

Do I need a different adapter so that the 3.5mm plug coming out of my speakers are going into out 1 & 2? Or is there a way to do this with my current set up

sounds liek your 3.5mm jack is stereo (most are) so you will need an adapter to split the signal.

Something like this would work fine

Tech Mentor

yea it is stereo. damn i just bought the adapter too, now i have to go buy another one. i'm guessing i would need a female on the 3.5mm though right?

I would avoid adding more adapters to it personally, but a 3.5 stereo to 2x6.3 or a 3.5 stereo to 2xRCA should be easy to find cheap.

Tech Mentor

the local music store here only had a Y adapter from female 1/4" to 2 mono 1/4" so i'd have to use the other 3.5mm -> 1/4" adapter in conjunction.

this set up has run me $30 but i can return them within the next 3 days, so is there any cheap all in 1 adapter that would get me going online?

Not sure about a specific store (I am in the UK) but I have found various cables on eBay for ridiculous prices before, so that is worth a look.

Yeh, if you can wait a week or 2 for it to arrive then ordering from china off ebay is your best bet. You can get pretty much get any cable/adapter for pennies if you look hard enough.

Having said that, I just found this: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3-5mm-Jack...5#ht_574wt_769 in lancashire.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES