Scratch Mixers - suggestions? - Page 4
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

It's a mic port. Review is coming.

For a dual certified mixer to work, there would have to quantum shift in the market - one that I just don't see every happening.

Quote Originally Posted by skratchworx View Post
    It's a mic port. Review is coming.

For a dual certified mixer to work, there would have to quantum shift in the market - one that I just don't see every happening.
    I CAN STILL DREAM!

:P

(looking forward to the review, don't get too obsessive about the photos or we may be waiting a while ...)
    Last edited by Sherlock Ohms; 08-12-2011 at 05:16 AM.
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2/Serato SL1/Ecler NUO 3.0/VCI 100 SE/2 x Technics 1210 Mk2/Sennheiser HD25 II/Novation Dicers

OK, slightly noobish question regarding Serato - could those buttons on the Vestax 05 Pro IV be mapped in any way to control track loading and scrolling in Serato in a similar fashion to the Rane TTM57?
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2/Serato SL1/Ecler NUO 3.0/VCI 100 SE/2 x Technics 1210 Mk2/Sennheiser HD25 II/Novation Dicers

Quote Originally Posted by Sherlock Ohms View Post
    OK, slightly noobish question regarding Serato - could those buttons on the Vestax 05 Pro IV be mapped in any way to control track loading and scrolling in Serato in a similar fashion to the Rane TTM57?
    If they work as normal midi controls then yes. Serato SSL accepts MIDI controllers and they're pretty easy to map as I recall.

And a big +1 on TTM 56 or 57 for scratching. The faders are unbeatable. There might be some advantage to an innofader but I can't imagine improving on these.

And if you can afford an Ecler, they also get the fader thing right. Go for the Evo 5 if you can and you'll get four channels, TSP certification, full MIDI and ridiculously smooth scratch faders. Win all around! (Well, except for your bank account...)
    "Art is what you can get away with." - Marshall McLuhan

The Ecler Evo 5 is Firewire innit. I don't have that port on my machine ...

how much is a 2nd hand Rane over there?
    TTM57 runs ~$1000, 56 ~$500

I was also going to bring up the bit about the built-in soundcard being a disadvantage for someone gigging a lot, but you've already hit the nail on the head.

Quote Originally Posted by djproben View Post
    If they work as normal midi controls then yes. Serato SSL accepts MIDI controllers and they're pretty easy to map as I recall.

And a big +1 on TTM 56 or 57 for scratching. The faders are unbeatable. There might be some advantage to an innofader but I can't imagine improving on these.

And if you can afford an Ecler, they also get the fader thing right. Go for the Evo 5 if you can and you'll get four channels, TSP certification, full MIDI and ridiculously smooth scratch faders. Win all around! (Well, except for your bank account...)
    And opn a similar tip, I'm assuming that the TTM57 gives out Midi to control Serato, so if for some weird reason I wanted to use it with Traktor I could map the buttons to that as well?

Tech Wizard

I know most people will flame a Numark but this one has never let me down

http://www.numark.com/dxmpro

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

The Ecler Evo 5 is Firewire innit. I don't have that port on my machine ...
    Yet

http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/showthread.php?t=34916
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

You see statement like this arenot helping me resist the TT57-SL I linked to at the top of the page (especially when it's got a Doc Vek custm faceplate designed for DJ Cheeba and Kentaro on it ...)

I don't think there are anywhere near as many cheapo scratch mixers in the UK as there seem to be over the pond ... how much is a 2nd hand Rane over there?
    800-1100 for 57 & 500-700 56
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast