akai lpd8 Vs Korg Nanopad 2 - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

How is the lpd8 compatability with traktor with 4 channel mixing in mind? any1 have any experiences?

It's a midi controller. You decide how it works and as a result your question doesn't make much sense.
    What are you trying to do with it?
    The xwax Thread! - The minimal open source DVS for Linux!
    Reddit's /r/DJs! - Another great DJ community!

Quote Originally Posted by Devils Advocato View Post
    How is the lpd8 compatability with traktor with 4 channel mixing in mind? any1 have any experiences?
    Ehm well its a midi controller so you can map it to do anything you want really.

I find the lpd8 is great with Traktor but i wouldnt use it for 4 channel mixing i dont really like doubling up too many controls.

I use mine alongside a dvs setup for controlling cue points and loops mostly.
    I play everything Indie/ Rock/ HipHop/ Cheese/ Electro/ Dubstep and anything that sounds good

Tsp 1.7/ Tsp 2/ Sony vaio Win 7 4gb Ram / Macbook Pro 13 inch (Main machine) /vci 100 se/ mixdeck/ audio 8/ technics rph headphones/ Custom xBox Controller/ Akai Lpd8

i use mine as a dedicated Midifighter. i dont see how it could be setup for 4 channel mixing without having to use different presets and stuff. too much hassle for me >.>
    Dell 2.3 Ghz 4 Gb Laptop - Windows 7 Premium
    Numark Stealth - Kontrol X1 - Akai LPD8 - APC20 - Novation Launchpad - Numark Mixdeck
    Traktor Pro 2 - Ableton Live 8.100000000000000

Sorry guys, probably should have specified. First let me say I have always mixed on two CDJs and a standard mixer. I recently got the lpd8 because I want to start 3 channel mixing without forking over a new mixer AND cdj.

When I say 4 channel I really mean 3 channel mixing. I just am missing the ability to have two songs playing together and then looping them and fading out as i come into a 3rd song as I only have 2 CDJs so its impossible without making my own pre-made mash-ups which is lacking in quality and fun.

I was going to set the pads to cue points and set 6 knobs to EQ and 2 knobs to the fader. Its possible to set the knobs to control a channels fader, correct? If so, I figure I can just have another mapping for the 3rd channel's EQ and fader since the lpd8 only has 8 knobs. Any help with this n00b would be appreciated

im sure you could do basic control of a third deck using the lpd. it just takes some mapping and getting used to. if you use the lpd's channel program you can make the knobs less or more accurate which would be helpful in EQs and faders. its definently do-able though
    Dell 2.3 Ghz 4 Gb Laptop - Windows 7 Premium
    Numark Stealth - Kontrol X1 - Akai LPD8 - APC20 - Novation Launchpad - Numark Mixdeck
    Traktor Pro 2 - Ableton Live 8.100000000000000

Actually you could mix 4 decks fairly nicely with a volume + filter for each channel. It's not ideal but it'll work.

The program change could be used to select each deck since there are 4 banks.
    The xwax Thread! - The minimal open source DVS for Linux!
    Reddit's /r/DJs! - Another great DJ community!

the 8 pots could be mapped to 3 eq's and volume faders for 2 decks without any issue - and you have 8 pads you can map with the note+cc modes and the pc mode can be used as 8 triggers or toggles too. you can also use the 4banks that it has but i dont personally like having to press 3 buttons to change them, i.e: PROGRAM + hit a pad + note/cc/pc depending on what mode u want to get back into
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl
    Quote Originally Posted by derschaich
    "wohoo, i'm touched, turn on the FX"

Quote Originally Posted by zestoi View Post
    but you can just use the note and cc modes to get 2 banks quite nicely and is much easier to change banks then as you only need to press the one button.
    Plus you have a permanent visual feedback which bank you're on. Actually you can even utilize the program change mode if you put some sort of midi translator in between (i used MidiPipe when I still used my LPD8).
    13,3" MacBookPro (Mid 2012) # 2x Technics 1210 # NI Audio 8 DJ # Ecler Nuo 2.0 # NI Traktor Kontrol X1 # Sennheiser HD-25
    http://soundcloud.com/vincent-lebaron/

Quote Originally Posted by 3heads View Post
    Plus you have a permanent visual feedback which bank you're on. Actually you can even utilize the program change mode if you put some sort of midi translator in between (i used MidiPipe when I still used my LPD8).
    yep, good point. my midimasher can translate the progchange pads into something more useful - but you only get a midi event when you press it, not when you release so can't be used for everything. but i've used those three modes to turn my lpd8 into a virtual 4x6 grid controller and it's pretty cool.

anotherl thing is that it remembers the pad states when you switch between note/cc/pc modes but not in it's actual 4 banks, which seems odd to me.

i.e: send a midi note to light up a pad in note mode, switch to cc mode and it goes out, go back to note mode and it lights up again. change to a diff bank and then go back to your original bank and no cigar...
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl
    Quote Originally Posted by derschaich
    "wohoo, i'm touched, turn on the FX"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12