..:: Tarekith ::.. "Slope Lifter" - midtempo space jam

Default ..:: Tarekith ::.. "Slope Lifter" - midtempo space jam

http://tarekith.com/mp3s/Tarekith-Slope_Lifter.mp3

Whew, to say it’s been a pretty crazy week would be an understatement I guess. Never the less, I’ve been lucky enough to steal a few minutes here and there to work on a new tune, and here it is. Starts out kind of spacey and ambient, then goes into a more mid-tempo groove, almost danceable in places. Didn’t really limit myself to any specific tools when creating this one, so I pretty much threw the kitchen sink at it. Everything was recorded, arranged, and mixed in Live 8, with Omnisphere, Synplant, and Analog providing the synth sounds. The drums are a mish-mash of Stylus RMX and the Machinedrum, and there’s even a bit of guitar here and there via my Dragonfly and the HD500. Mastering was just a touch of Elephant in Wave Editor.

FLAC and wav file versions are available at http://tarekith.addictech.com/

Hope you all enjoy!

dling, will let u know soon
    Dj F.a.R.h.A.n
    hip hop, house, reggaeton, dancehall, afrobeats, and international.

Quote Originally Posted by farhanashraf View Post
    dling, will let u know soon
    Do you just post this to get your post count up or what? Seen it in so many threads, even stuff like this that's just a few minutes long.

As for the track, fantastic stuff! So many tracks these days just come across as poor attempts at reproducing anthemic fad styles, its very refreshing to hear a piece that feels more original. The best part of it IMO is the lack of repetition - cohesive enough to stay identifiable as the same tune at any point, but its constantly changing and growing throughout, keeping the sound fresh and interesting. Great work!

no, cuz i actually dl it and then listen to it.
    Dj F.a.R.h.A.n
    hip hop, house, reggaeton, dancehall, afrobeats, and international.

Quote Originally Posted by DigitalDevil View Post
    The best part of it IMO is the lack of repetition - cohesive enough to stay identifiable as the same tune at any point, but its constantly changing and growing throughout, keeping the sound fresh and interesting. Great work!
    Thanks. I spend a lot of time in my tracks trying to get them to flow as much as possible, and to try to keep the repetition to a minimum.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by DigitalDevil View Post
    Do you just post this to get your post count up or what? Seen it in so many threads, even stuff like this that's just a few minutes long.
    I was wondering the same thing...

... even granting the benefit of the doubt, it's kinda weird that there doesn't usually seem to be a follow up comment ...

... I mean what's the point of telling someone you dled their mix and will let them know soon, if you.. like.. don't?

To get their hopes up? ;P
    !!! AWESOMER !!!
    Remixes, DJ Mixes, Awesomeness @
    http://soundcloud.com/awesomer
    Chat With Us In (Unofficial) DJTT IRC @
    irc://irc.rizon.net/djtt