Clicky, Bleepy Electronica
    Tech Mentor

Default Clicky, Bleepy Electronica

Here's a new one of mine. I've been influenced this time by artists such as Rumpistol, Skoud and Huson Mohawke and hopefully spewed out something a bit different.

Let me know what you think.

dling, will let you know asap
    Dj F.a.R.h.A.n
    hip hop, house, reggaeton, dancehall, afrobeats, and international.

Tech Wizard

I've been listening to BT a lot recently, and he often uses some of the techniques you use here. I'm dying to know how you do all the ambient clicky stutters, I have no idea!

Tech Mentor

Wow, i'd never heard any of BT's stuff before. This is some good shit, cheers for introducing me!

I'm using fruity loops, you'll have to excuse me because i'm no good at the tech jargon. First I found a sound that would provide the kind of "click" that I wanted. This can be easily achieved with a rim shot or stick tap, but I wanted something more "glassy" so I used this sound that came in a sample pack I downloaded, kind of sounds like 2 beer bottles knocking together. Then I opened up the sound in piano roll and pretty much just randomly scattered the sample all over it in quick succession, and then added some extra stuttered bits for that loop roll effect. This gave me a 16 beat loop of clicks. To give the loop some variance I put it into "Gross Beat" (plug in on fruity, like an advanced beat grid) and fucked around with the pattern until it sounded suitiably glitchy. After that I just put the Gross Beat pugin on an automation and set it to trigger every now and then, which is how I achieved the seemingly dynamic click track.

Hope that helped, cheers for listening!

Edit: And of course I added shit loads of reverb haha.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Max Jones View Post
    Wow, i'd never heard any of BT's stuff before. This is some good shit, cheers for introducing me!

I'm using fruity loops, you'll have to excuse me because i'm no good at the tech jargon. First I found a sound that would provide the kind of "click" that I wanted. This can be easily achieved with a rim shot or stick tap, but I wanted something more "glassy" so I used this sound that came in a sample pack I downloaded, kind of sounds like 2 beer bottles knocking together. Then I opened up the sound in piano roll and pretty much just randomly scattered the sample all over it in quick succession, and then added some extra stuttered bits for that loop roll effect. This gave me a 16 beat loop of clicks. To give the loop some variance I put it into "Gross Beat" (plug in on fruity, like an advanced beat grid) and fucked around with the pattern until it sounded suitiably glitchy. After that I just put the Gross Beat pugin on an automation and set it to trigger every now and then, which is how I achieved the seemingly dynamic click track.

Hope that helped, cheers for listening!

Edit: And of course I added shit loads of reverb haha.
    BT is great, definitely listen to some more of his stuff! Thanks for the tip, I sometimes use Gross Beat here and there, I'll try and find some good glassy samples!

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

I dig it!
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Mentor

I'm glad about that!

Tech Wizard

I recorded a glass hit myself, just experimenting with some of the tips you gave me. Thanks again!