Virtual DJ

Thread: Virtual DJ

Tech Convert

Default Virtual DJ

Does anyone here use virtual DJ? What do you guys think of it? I use Virtual DJ and Traktor. I think virtual DJ is easier to use than traktor and has a nice community of developers always allowing more and more customization

i started out with vdj and whilst was easy to use, i fount that i very quickly grew out of it and swiftly moved to tp2. not to say that it wasnt any good, it was a great starting point, but like i said for me that was it and i wanted more almost straight away.
    MBP / 8gb Ram / 1TB / SSL / Rane SL2 / HD25's / Dicers / Empty Bank Account

Tech Convert

Yeah I stared with it also and then started using traktor and now I go back and forth between the two. I like some of the effects in virtual DJ more than traktor
    Macbook Pro 17", Mixtrack Pro, M-Audio X-Session

I started out on virtual dj about 3 years ago, loved it. Moved to Traktor two years ago and have'nt looked back since.

I just dont like it anymore and once i got used to Traktor i felt that i was missing out on a lot of features that virtual dj didnt have.

Saying that though its a great piece of software that some people love, others hate.
    I play everything Indie/ Rock/ HipHop/ Cheese/ Electro/ Dubstep and anything that sounds good

Tsp 1.7/ Tsp 2/ Sony vaio Win 7 4gb Ram / Macbook Pro 13 inch (Main machine) /vci 100 se/ mixdeck/ audio 8/ technics rph headphones/ Custom xBox Controller/ Akai Lpd8

Tech Mentor

I started with VDJ, and did job ok for a while. I think the feature that I could use would be video mixing. That would be a great upcoming feature for Traktor. The selling point for me was better audio. IMO the effects sound much better in Traktor than VDJ, although some effects in VDJ are very cool. I can only compare it with my experience as a guitar player, playing through a cheap transistors amp or through a nice tube powered amp. The sound is significantly better.

I don't miss virtual DJ, but I still keep it just in case I need to do a Video DJ gig. In the end it doesn't matter what you use, but to know the strength and weaknesses of your software and make the best out of it.

Started with Virtual DJ, then moved to Traktor and after a while moved back to Virtual DJ and haven't tried anything else since then. Don't know why it has such a bad reputation.

4 decks + video = perfect. Spent a little time with the the other softwares, VDJ is where it's at for me!

Intoxicated /adj./ When you feel sophisticated without being able to pronounce it.

facebook.com/DJJakeLake
    jakelake.info

i started with vdj, now i am swaitching over to serato. nice program to start with
    Dj F.a.R.h.A.n
    hip hop, house, reggaeton, dancehall, afrobeats, and international.

VDJ is great but it's like the windows of DJing products. The best and worst thing about it is it's open hardware standard and flexibility in setup. It is really stable for some people and not stable at all for others. It works great for some and terrible for others.

I might DL it again just to dry it out with the dn x1600 and my timecoded vinyls for a laugh but I think I'll stick with traktor. If I can find a good price on a serato box I'll probably pick one up.