akai lpd8 Vs Korg Nanopad 2
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Convert

Default akai lpd8 Vs Korg Nanopad 2

Which one do you guys think is better? According to djtechtools, the korgs build quality is garbage. The akai doesnt have as many pads as the cords but does have 8 knobs. Which one should I get. Or if you know any other pad controllers in the same price range, please suggest

Quote Originally Posted by hyperboy39 View Post
    Which one should I get.
    I hate this question. I dont know what your persnal mixing style is. I don't know what you like to do with effects and EQs. this is a decision you should make on your own. I personally would, however, recommend the LPD8 because i has 4 banks of 8 pads, giving you 32 pads. The fact it has knobs and the nanopad doesn't makes this an extremely easy decision to make. but then again, do you want an XY pad? make the call yourself.

i had both.. i preferred the lpd and took back the korg. wasnt as responsive as the lpd and the XY pad is bust. takes way to much pressure to trigger and isnt as practical as the 8 knobs for my style. plus the lpd lights up rather nicely.
    Dell 2.3 Ghz 4 Gb Laptop - Windows 7 Premium
    Numark Stealth - Kontrol X1 - Akai LPD8 - APC20 - Novation Launchpad - Numark Mixdeck
    Traktor Pro 2 - Ableton Live 8.100000000000000

I own a LPD and the build quality is real nice, but your going to have to break in the pads (a lil stiff at first)
    Technics 1200 MK2s - Vestax PMC06 - NI Kontrol S2 - Traktor - Akai APC40 - Ableton Live 8

+1 lpd8
    Technics 1200 MK2s - Vestax PMC06 - NI Kontrol S2 - Traktor - Akai APC40 - Ableton Live 8

Got an lpd8 last week and love it. The pads are really nice and its built well. For E40.00 it was worth every single cent.

Choose it over the Korg because everywhere i went i heard about its sh*t build quality and also i don't think you can use an xy pad in Traktor?
    I play everything Indie/ Rock/ HipHop/ Cheese/ Electro/ Dubstep and anything that sounds good

Tsp 1.7/ Tsp 2/ Sony vaio Win 7 4gb Ram / Macbook Pro 13 inch (Main machine) /vci 100 se/ mixdeck/ audio 8/ technics rph headphones/ Custom xBox Controller/ Akai Lpd8

On the other hand those knobs are absolutely useless. Try and find some replacements or something to glue on top of them to make them large enough to use.
    The xwax Thread! - The minimal open source DVS for Linux!
    Reddit's /r/DJs! - Another great DJ community!

i use them nicely,and i havent needed to increase the size.. but mine is setup all special so im sure increased size would be profitable for everyone else. its still better than the korg. and yes you can use the XY in traktor
    Dell 2.3 Ghz 4 Gb Laptop - Windows 7 Premium
    Numark Stealth - Kontrol X1 - Akai LPD8 - APC20 - Novation Launchpad - Numark Mixdeck
    Traktor Pro 2 - Ableton Live 8.100000000000000

i actually quite like the pots on the lpd8, no issue with them not being tall enough etc.

changing banks is a bit of a pain with the lpd8 as you need to press 3 buttons to do it but you can just use the note and cc modes to get 2 banks quite nicely and is much easier to change banks then as you only need to press the one button.

ofc you can also use both methods and have 4 banks of 4x4 pads in effect.

i was thinking the same thing anyway and went for the lpd8 over the korg. i'll probably also get a vestax padone as it has nice quality pads with feedback, more of them than the lpd8 and an X/Y pad (plus the pads have aftertouch with is what i am mostly interested in) but its not in the same price bracket at all ofc. you could get 3 lpd8's for the price of one padone.
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl
    Quote Originally Posted by derschaich
    "wohoo, i'm touched, turn on the FX"

Tech Convert

i guess im gonna go with the lpd 8, thanks for the feedback.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast