Back in the dj game after 10 years...
    Tech Wizard

Default Back in the dj game after 10 years...

man these software controllers are tremendous aren't they... unlimited potential... any way here is my effort with a numark mixtrack pro and running traktor software..... feedback pls cos im keen to get back into the club scene...

churr bro

djs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcBmVBnFgoY

Tech Mentor

I watched your video mix. It was weirdly short, but if you're going to do a 9 minute long mix, 13 tracks in 9 minutes is not a bad way to go about it!

- Track selection was pop but appropriate. Tracks fit well together.

- You seemed to be pretty well prepared for each of the mixes.

- I heard/saw a few small mistakes.

- Was the audio recorded off the mic of a video camera? If so.. ew.

- After this video, I don't feel like I know much about you as a DJ or artist. You seem to have some skills, but when people on a forum like this click through to review stuff, they want to feel like the person posting has put some serious effort and/or thought into what they are producing and for whom..

Thanks for posting, and welcome back to the game!
    !!! AWESOMER !!!
    Remixes, DJ Mixes, Awesomeness @
    http://soundcloud.com/awesomer
    Chat With Us In (Unofficial) DJTT IRC @
    irc://irc.rizon.net/djtt

Tech Wizard

cheers mate... appreciate the feedback.... well it was hastily put together as I was firstly testing out my recording setup.... as u noted the sound was not too good... I had my mix as a direct input into the video camera but for some reason it only recorded one channel... secondly I'd never rendered a video to put up on youtube before so was seeing how I fared in that department.... and lastly my actual mixing was unrehearsed so was prone to a few mistakes....
    really appreciate your feedback bro... I understand your point too about posting some serious content and not half hearted attempts.... once I get my recording situation sorted I will no doubt take that advice onboard..... do u have any tips on how I can video my mixes and improve the sound quality?????

cheers mate...

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by the_djs View Post
    I had my mix as a direct input into the video camera but for some reason it only recorded one channel...
    and lastly my actual mixing was unrehearsed so was prone to a few mistakes....
    If totally unrehearsed, I'm happy to let you know that you've "still got it" after 10 years out of the game, hehe..

do u have any tips on how I can video my mixes and improve the sound quality?????
    Unfortunately I don't mess around with video/youtube, but I know that there are people on this forum who semi-regularly do live video mixes and post them to youtube. DJSergetto, for example. I have also seen others do "screen-cast" versions where they show themselves mixing on top of the traktor window, you might be able to find who did that if you search..
    !!! AWESOMER !!!
    Remixes, DJ Mixes, Awesomeness @
    http://soundcloud.com/awesomer
    Chat With Us In (Unofficial) DJTT IRC @
    irc://irc.rizon.net/djtt

Record your mix in Traktor, then mute the video and sync to the recording from Traktor.
    I use BB flashback(windows) (free version) to do videos of the computer screen.

Tech Wizard

i thought it was great and sounded great..as for any mistakes..they're all bound to happen..every dj makes mistakes!!! it's how you recover from them that truly matters

welcome back and welcome to the digital age

Tech Wizard

do the video camera and traktor recording sync up alright once you do that bro???? cheers