Will my Macbook pro handle this? (Traktor Sctrach 2, Ableton Live, and DMXIS)
    Tech Wizard

Default Will my Macbook pro handle this? (Traktor Sctrach 2, Ableton Live, and DMXIS)

HELLO DJTT!

I was hopi ng somebody could shed some light on if my future set up is possible with my current mac.

I'm running on a basic macbook pro (4gb of ram, 2.4 ghz)

My question is, will this support TPS 2 synced with ableton running dmxis for lights!
    My goal is to play in traktor and never have to look at ableton, just have it running in the background but remaining synced. Then, use my apc 20 to cue light cues while I'm djin.

Any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated!
    Thanks!
    -Magnetofunk

Short answer: Yes.

Long answer: Yeeeeeeessssss.

Tech Wizard

haha digital devil i saw you do that answer on another forum, stoked to see this will work and that answer just made my day thanks!

amidoinitrite

you could probably do that even if you had 2gb RAM

I have zero experience using DMX software in conjunction with TSP. That being said, you should not listen to me or anyone else that has the same experience. Go over to DJForums.com and ask some of the lighting gurus over there. I've read there, that running DMX software on the same machine as DJ software can give you less than desirable results.

Syncings a bitch with traktor and ableton. I tried it between two computers and I would never rely on it. :/ jumps out of sync too much. if you don't worry about syncing and just use ableton effects, you would be fine.
    Ableton Live 9, Traktor, VCI-400, APC40, QuNeo, Lemur iOS

I've actually been able to sync the two just fine but it takes a few restarts of the programs. But once it's syncd it stays on pretty good; if it drifts it catches up again when you hit sync in traktor.
    "Art is what you can get away with." - Marshall McLuhan

Tech Mentor

Similar kind of questions, do you think I will be able to run TSP2 and ableton live 8 at the same time on my 1.83ghz 2gb ram macbook? I'm under the impression its pushing my my machine can do.

</threadjack>
    Macbook, S4, Novation Launchpad, Korg nanoKontrol, TSP2, Ableton 8.

Quote Originally Posted by alexfells View Post
    Similar kind of questions, do you think I will be able to run TSP2 and ableton live 8 at the same time on my 1.83ghz 2gb ram macbook? I'm under the impression its pushing my my machine can do.

</threadjack>
    It depends on what you're doing, exactly. Just having the programs open? Sure, no problem. 100 clips on 16 channels with 5 layers of macro effects racks on each? Good luck. Why not try it out with demo software and find out?

Tech Mentor

Just running four decks in traktor with a few effects, and using ableton to launch a few clips and effects. Nothing crazy or mind blowing!
    Macbook, S4, Novation Launchpad, Korg nanoKontrol, TSP2, Ableton 8.