Brothers new track just dropped.

Default Brothers new track just dropped.

Hey guys and gals,

My bro just dropped a track with remixes on beatport. Im hoping I can spread the word within our DJTT community and get the track in some peoples hands. This will also be the lead track from Paul Heatons full length album due this fall. In the North American release Damien Boss has included a number of remixes.
    Hope some of you take a liking to the track.

http://www.beatport.com/release/never-gonna-fall/401465

Thanks for the support.
    LC

Anyone happen to purchase any of the tracks, or have some feedback to share? Im always interested in hearing a critique from other established artists/producers.
    Jay

Tech Mentor

I listened to the snippets of the various mixes. Here's my feedback.

- Genre and/or background info *about the music* in the post title and/or post body = more listens and more feedback. It's great that he's your brother, and you should be quite proud.. but most readers care more about what kind of music your brother makes then the fact that he is your brother..

- "Damien Boss And Heaton" doesn't exactly roll off the tongue as an artist name, does it..

- Tracks all *sounded* good in terms of mastering and etc. Whoever mastered them seems to have done a good job!

- I didn't care for the vocal, though I felt it was more successful in the mixes which used it a bit more sparingly, like the dubstep mix. I even feel like the hook of the vocal is pretty solid.. just the vocal tone of the voice and the details of the vocal performance does not give me the sort of plaintive soulfulness I'm looking for. Without that soulfulness, it sounds a bit.. whiney?

- In a similar sense, the vocal seemed incongrously emo for how.. upbeat.. most of the mixes are? Even the "Reneek" mix, which is among the "deeper" mixes, is pretty positive. I understand that's part of the "progressive" context, but.. sorta didn't gel for me.

- dubstep mix was weirdly aggressive wobble, a level of craziness that I'm not sure was called for by the original track. is that what all dubstep will sound like in 2012?

- All in all, fair to say this release was not really my thing.

Thanks for posting! Tell your brother to keep at it!
    !!! AWESOMER !!!
    Remixes, DJ Mixes, Awesomeness @
    http://soundcloud.com/awesomer
    Chat With Us In (Unofficial) DJTT IRC @
    irc://irc.rizon.net/djtt

Thanks for the feedback, that was the kind of objective comments i was looking for. Yes the Genre isnt something either he nor I am into, but the collabortion just sorta feel into place and they seemed to work well together.
    I mentioned he was my bro to show im not someone trying to push this music on you guys to sell more, but had a personal connection to the track and legitimately wanted some feedback.
    Im confused by your response on the aritsts name not rolling off the tongue.
    Are you actually trying to say that they should have choosen different names for this track, or ghost written it under a different name? Cause that just sounds a little ridiculous to be honest. Im sure Mr Mouse and Zabiela and Guetta have done tracks with other artists whose names dont gel well with theirs, but in the end cares how the artists names flow together?

the first 4 all sound like prog, but none are labeled such

yup, definitely progressive, im not sure why subtone/beatport labelled it as such.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by jayo View Post
    T
    Im confused by your response on the aritsts name not rolling off the tongue.
    Are you actually trying to say that they should have choosen different names for this track, or ghost written it under a different name?
    All I meant was that if they are planning to do tracks as a duo, they might want to choose a catchier name for their duo. They may or may not care about this aspect of branding, I offer it for whatever it's worth. I have already forgotten their non-memorable names, which may offer support to this perspective.

If Deadmau5, for example, had put out his records as "Joel Zimmerman" (his real name), I am relatively sure he would not be as exactly as popular as he is.. "Robert Zimmerman" or "Bob Dylan"? Picking a memorable musician performance name.. it's not just for people whose last name is "Zimmerman"!
    !!! AWESOMER !!!
    Remixes, DJ Mixes, Awesomeness @
    http://soundcloud.com/awesomer
    Chat With Us In (Unofficial) DJTT IRC @
    irc://irc.rizon.net/djtt