Wanting to buy the MIDI Fighter Pro when it comes back in stock, but first need help.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Wanting to buy the MIDI Fighter Pro when it comes back in stock, but first need help.

Couldn't fit a relevant title in the title field due to the character length, but yeah.
    Wanting to buy a MIDI Fighter Pro when they come back in stock, but first testing if it applies to my needs with this guys PureData and TouchOSC settings;

http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/sho...&postcount=168

Video of it in use here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AkIUlTb05Hk

Haven't got an iPad so can't use any of those ones, and this is the only once I could find for the iPhone.

I'm not at total loss though, I'm pretty tech savvy there's just a setting I'm not doing right. I've got TouchOSC installed on my iPhone, and it is connected to my WiFi and PC correctly. I've opened the patch in PureData and when I press the buttons on TouchOSC they are showing up on PureData, but I get this error everytime;

Code:
    error: tgl: no method for '/z'
    I have tried using it anyway. Opened Traktor Pro, imported the Instant Gratification .tsi file and then pressed the buttons on the TouchOSC layout.. but no luck.

AlphaBeta (the creator of the PureData patch) does say something about setting up the MIDI Out on PureData, but I'm not sure on how to do this.. so perhaps that is the error?

My MIDIMobilizer setting is 'Not Connected' and my CoreMIDI is 0/0 on both In and Out, but I don't think they're needed for this. (Or are they?)

Any help would be greatly appreciated, hoping to fix this error asap so I can decide on whether I need a MIDI Fighter. (: many thanks!

(Have PM'd the guy, but it only has like 6 posts so thought he might of left the forum)

If you have a pc, you just need touch osc and rtp midi (and if I remember Apple's Bonjour is needed too).

My MIDIMobilizer setting is 'Not Connected' and my CoreMIDI is 0/0 on both In and Out, but I don't think they're needed for this.
    Midi Mobilizer isn't needed but core midi shows you that in and out are working (so if it doesn't show you 1/1 on both no misteries that does not work.

Check you tube and look for Yul303's channel, and check for my latest video, I'm using an Iphone as a complementary controller.

That's the second time I've set up touch osc and rtp midi on a pc (this time using vista) and din't encounter nay issue yet.

Install rtp midi
    run it
    Set it up so "only computers in your directory" may connect to you
    In the frame "my sessions" if your computer's name doesn't appear, click on "+", it should appear.
    Make sure session is enabled (ticked)
    A port should be set up too automatically (usually 5004)
    Open Touch osc on your iphone, its name should appear in the participants frame (within rtp midi)
    Within Touch osc, "core midi 1/1 in and out" shows you your iphone communicate with rtp midi (after a few seconds)
    Within Traktor for each file(s) that constitutes your tsi file for your template the in and out port should be set up to your computer (its name should appear within the list of ins and outs).

If the above doesn't work, too bad, I cant' help you further than that.

As a note, any control within a touch osc template should be set as midi (ticked) and set up as you want them to be (you'll be amazed how many people just don't realise they didn't set up midi for their controls).

Good luck.
    Last edited by Yul; 08-15-2011 at 04:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yul View Post
    If you have a pc, you just need touch osc and rtp midi.

mid Mobilizer isn't needed but core midi shows you that in and out are working (so if it doesn't show you 1/1 on both no misteries that does not work.
    That's a bit vague, how would I fix it then using rtp midi?

I've edited my first reply, but then, you could check rtp midi's tutorial on their site.

Thank for all your help so far mate, can clearly tell you can't be arsed due to the attitude but I appreciate your time. :P

Nothing showing up in the 'Participants', do I need to change any settings in TouchOSC? Here's a screenshot of my current settings;

Cheers.

Can't tell, you don't need OSC to be set up, mine is disabled. Check core midi is enabled, in and out in the Core midi options are enabled too.

In rtp midi, do you see your computer's name?
    Is your session ticked?
    Do you see your computer's name in 'local name' and 'bonjour name'?
    Is there a port showing up in the port's box (right upper side)?
    Is there's an address appearing on the right handside with your computer's name, the port and the adress itself right under it?

On rtp midi's web site within the tutorial, they are mentioning opening two ports, may be you could check that too (something I dind't have to do but who knows).
    Last edited by Yul; 08-15-2011 at 05:06 PM.

In rtp midi, do you see your computer's name?
    Yeah, here:

PC name is tekBLASTER, and the CoreMIDI is still 0/0 on both In and Out.

Within the directory frame, click on the "+"?
    If your iphone appears there, click connect eventually.
    Last edited by Yul; 08-15-2011 at 05:13 PM.

Of course, the wifi is connected on your iphone and you're on the same network as your computer?
    Last edited by Yul; 08-15-2011 at 05:20 PM.

Within the directory frame, click on the "+"?
    If your iphone appears there, click connect eventually.
    Ah yes that was the problem, it is now connected to my iPhone and TouchOSC is showing 1/1 on both In and Out.

I chose my computers name for the input and output parts of the .tsi file like you said but the layout is still not controlling Traktor Pro.

Any idea why?
    And surely the PureData patch is needed, as otherwise how would the layout know what to do?.. (you mentioned that PureData is not actually needed)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast