MF Pro mapping with Serato
    Tech Convert

Default MF Pro mapping with Serato

Hey, I've been interested in getting one of the midi fighter pro setups, but have some concerns with regards to how functional it is with SSL. I mainly want to use it for turntablism-esque functions (like seen in that video ean did with cue scratching). Noticing how he had the fader mapped to the different effect functions and looking at the mappings you guys have available, it seems from everything I've seen and read that the super fader functions aren't really workable with SSL at the moment? I just want someone to confirm this unless I'm missing something and can actually have my cake and eat it too...if not, does anyone know if there's a chance that Rane will expand the MIDI mapping capabilities of Serato to support these kinds of functions or am I SOL?

The setup I have now is a TTM57SL with turntables...if I got the midi fighter..I'm guessing I could use it with traktor software and the 57SL as a soundcard without timecode support and be able to work it that way? I just don't want to have to buy the traktor sound box on top of what I already have.
    Last edited by nechronics; 08-16-2011 at 10:17 AM.

Tech Convert

I have the exact same question. I was wondering if they had a mapping that would allow the use of the Super Faders in Serato. From everything that I've watched and read, it doesn't seem possible.

As I'm sure you know, midi mapping in SSL is currently pretty limited. You wouldn't be able to achieve anything like you can with Traktor as far as I'm aware.

You could indeed use Traktor with your 57, if it works like any other SL card then it's available for Traktor to use as long as SSL isn't running.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES