VCI-100 & Traktor Scratch
    Tech Convert

Default VCI-100 & Traktor Scratch

Hey All,

New to the hole scratch set up, been using TP and the VCI for a few years tho

I'm using NI Audio 4 and TSP and turntables running on Macbook Pro

Does any body have this setup? Will it even work?

The set up guides say you need to select the input that is feed into the mixer channel, as you know the VCI does not have one :/

My speakers are powered Yamahas so im at a loss where my sound outputs have to go (if that makes sense)

Any takers?

Think you may need to explain a bit more about what it is you want to do.
    M I S T E R M O L E Y M O L E
    part of the digital revolution

There is no difference between Traktor Pro and Traktor Scratch Pro other than that Scratch has the Timecode function enabled. You can use it the exact same way as before, using the internal mixer (click internal in output routing prefs). You can route one output from the Audio 4 to the speakers as master and plug your headphones into the other.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by fullenglishpint View Post
    There is no difference between Traktor Pro and Traktor Scratch Pro other than that Scratch has the Timecode function enabled. You can use it the exact same way as before, using the internal mixer (click internal in output routing prefs). You can route one output from the Audio 4 to the speakers as master and plug your headphones into the other.
    Thanks, Ok, I should have mentioned that I have TSP working with no problems using the VCI but with out vinyl decks, works really well in fact.

The problem comes when I use the multi core cables to hook up the vinyl decks, as I end up with a yellow/white and red/black for each channel a & b

Does this mean then that I cannot route, as I have been doing my audio out of channel A out1/2, because the decks are using all the ports (inputs)? or is there
    any need to use all the connections ie. do I have to use yellow/white for eg

If you're mixing internally, you don't need to connect the yellow and white plugs for deck B. Route master out to 1&2, monitor out to 3&4 and plug your headphones into the front of the Audio 4.

The inputs you're using don't affect your output routing.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5

Tech Convert

If you're mixing internally, you don't need to connect the yellow and white plugs for deck B. Route master out to 1&2, monitor out to 3&4 and plug your headphones into the front of the Audio 4.

The inputs you're using don't affect your output routing.
    Thanks FEP, im still slightly at a loss as to which channel do my decks plug into then, does it mean i do not need the multicore cables?? as the left&right phono rca cables plug straight into the input 1/2 for turntable A and turntable B goes to input 3/4 ?

yup.

Tech Convert

yup.
    Legend