VCI-100 Double Crossed! :eek:
    Tech Convert

Default VCI-100 Double Crossed! :eek:

Ok, I hope (please God) I don't stump Ean with this one:

The controls in the channel section (on the VCI-100) for channel effects...

get this:

ARE DUPLICATED! this blows me away: when "effect parameter" (at the top right) is set to "A", both the Channel A "effect" button and the fourth button in the row of effect buttons send the same signal. The same holds true for Channel effect B button and when the parameter switch is set to "B". ALSO this holds true for MASTER effect Parameter and the effect button in the top right.

I've been experimenting with all the ways to get the most out of the VCI-100 (there are many hidden switches that will make other controls send different signals. An example is the "vinyl mode" switch, which changes the value of both the up and down sensor on the turntables), But this one stumps me. I don't know if there's a way around it, or if i just got gypped for 3 hotkeys on my VCI...

I figured if anyone would know, it'd be Ean... must have spent hours figuring all the in's and outs (not a pun on my last post) to this little bugger, and that he MIGHT have run into the same problem

so... What gives!? anyone else with a VCI-100 got the same problem?
    Last edited by DanF; 05-29-2008 at 04:44 PM. Reason: spelling

Yes we got ripped off on those buttons, shame on vestax

There is not any way to translate the button onto another midi message either as that would just translate all the buttons and end up with the same problem.

I experience this problem on the V1.1 firmware - i am not sure if this is fixed on the 1.2 firmware - what firmware are you using ?

On another note i really need to make some time to get my unit into the shop for its firmware fix ! >=(
    Last edited by BentoSan; 05-30-2008 at 10:24 AM.

Tech Convert

Firmware 1.2 (at least, this is what my manual said) I bought from a registered dealer online, but it was just last month. as such, I got this little card explaining all the new stuff with the updated firmware

One such update is the ability to turn your table sensors off by pushing both the "vinyl mode" buttons at once... useful for when the low-end is vibrating your platters and causing the music to skip in and out of scratch mode.

I should go and yell at Vestax... these are three buttons now wasted for me. technically, i DONT need the channel A/B effect buttons, now... *sigh*

frustrated. flat out. as im reprogramming my VCI, i could really use those 3 buttons.

anyway, thanks for the help. Much appreciated!

We need V1.4 firmware to fix this problem, shame it does not exist